• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Apologises For Actions

JOHNSON APOLOGISES FOR ACTIONS
    Posted 20/10/08 13:02

Barnsley 13/8, Sheff. Wed 13/8, Draw 12/5

Sheffield Wednesday's Jermaine Johnson has issued an apology after he was dismissed in Sunday's Steel City derby victory over Sheffield United.

The Jamaican winger was booked in the second half for a foul on defender Kyle Naughton before he was substituted in the 68th minute.

But Johnson vented his frustration at being replaced, kicking a water bottle into the Hillsborough stands and also pushing away the coaching staff who tried to calm him down, resulting in a second yellow from referee Mike Dean.

The 28-year-old, who will miss the match at Barnsley on Tuesday night through suspension, has expressed his regret at his actions.

He told the club's official website: "I would like to apologise to everybody associated with Sheffield Wednesday for my behaviour after being substituted in the match against Sheffield United on Sunday.

"I was caught up in the occasion and frustrated at being substituted but I should not have reacted in the way I did and I regret my actions.

"I would like to apologise to the supporters, players and management of Sheffield Wednesday for what happened and I will always do my best to represent the club in an appropriate and respectable manner in the future."
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Respect, JJ!

Hopefully, others will follow your example when they too mess up.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

sounds like de agent write dat statement.....man looking after dem corn.
      “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Perhaps, but you wonder why other agents don't do the same thing.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Man a try protect him recompense

Comment

what wrong wid dat? jj corn not getting looked after too?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

as he should!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

And reduce the amount of an expected fine.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Nice to see JJ showing some fire, however, I hope the next time he hits the field he will show this fire in a more positive manner.

Comment

Working...
                  X