• Pulis defends Fuller snub

Pulis defends Fuller snub

Potters boss explains striker's travel issues

Last updated: 21st October 2008
    PRICE BOOST - Man Utd v Celtic

Bigger Odds - Man Utd to win 2-1 was 8/1 now 10/1
    Ryan Giggs to score first was 8/1 now 11/1
    Hurry! Prices guaranteed until 7PM

Register with Sky Bet - Bet £5 and get £20 free.

Fuller: Jetlag issues
    Related links

Teams
    Players
    Also see

Stoke City boss Tony Pulis has defended his decision not to start fans' favourite Ricardo Fuller against Tottenham.
    The Jamaica international played only the final 30 minutes of Stoke's crucial 2-1 success over lowly Spurs on Sunday.
    However, Fuller was struggling with jetlag following a stint with Jamaica and Pulis felt he was not mentally ready to start.
    "He has problems travelling back into England," Pulis told the club's official website.
    Struggles

"He struggles with sleeping coming back, he's almost had two days of being awake and it's hard getting him back in that sleep routine and he has really struggled.
    "On Saturday we pulled him out of training, he's over slept before the game because he didn't hear his alarm clock.
    "We're very pleased with his performance when he came on.
    "We need him fit and up and running, especially at our place, because the supporters idolise him, and he's a big player."

When are the Jamaican fans gonna start idolizing the big man?

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
      When are the Jamaican fans gonna start idolizing the big man?
      Why should they idolize him? Ricardo Fuller has MANY fans in Jamaica who rate him. You must be never hear noise in Stadium when him name get call on the intercom.

Comment

When does England, the biggest underachiever in the history of football, set the rules as to who is idolised and who isn't?!?

Settle down, Dunny, England ain't all that when it comes to football.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
          Why should they idolize him? Ricardo Fuller has MANY fans in Jamaica who rate him. You must be never hear noise in Stadium when him name get call on the intercom.
          What about the man dem weh come pon the forum and dis him regular?

Comment

You expect everybody to go crazy over a striker who does not provide many goals?

X, Mosiah and others trash him.

Dread, Bricktop and others defend him. That is the case with most footballers in Jamaica.

Comment

mi put dem ahead of Yard...

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                When does England, the biggest underachiever in the history of football, set the rules as to who is idolised and who isn't?!?

Settle down, Dunny, England ain't all that when it comes to football.
                Mosiah, you got something against the English?

Comment

I use to trash him. I think he has started to play better and could actually deserve his selection to the team.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Erm...slavery, put apart from dat, wi cool!

Dunny, England is arrogant about a sport dem have no right to be. Doan mek 1966 fool yuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Erm...slavery, put apart from dat, wi cool!

Dunny, England is arrogant about a sport dem have no right to be. Doan mek 1966 fool yuh!
                      Mosiah,when it comes to football there aint no country in Europe that have the structure and organisation like England,they may have underachieved on the field but they are a football country to the core.

Comment

What I care about is quality. When was the last time England produced a player capable of winning Euro Player of the year? When was the last time England produced a team that could challenge for any major trophy? When was the last time England produced a coach of some worth?

If you are going to compare England to Jamaica, then you would have just affirmed my point.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What I care about is quality. When was the last time England produced a player capable of winning Euro Player of the year? When was the last time England produced a team that could challenge for any major trophy? When was the last time England produced a coach of some worth?

If you are going to compare England to Jamaica, then you would have just affirmed my point.
                          How me a go comppare England with Jamaica?England is as good as any team in the world on thier day,they have lots of quality players,in my opinion players like Lampard,Gerrard,Rooney,Ferdinand,Terry,Ashley Cole,Joe Cole are as good as any in thier positions.

Comment

Jawge? JAWGE!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

him onlge ansa to "the once noble chiron formerly sagest of all centaurs"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X