X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beckham to join AC Milan on loan

Beckham to join AC Milan on loan

Beckham is close to becoming England's most-capped outfield player

David Beckham has agreed to move to AC Milan on loan in January, the Italian club has told BBC Sport.
    The England midfielder, 33, plays for Los Angeles Galaxy, whose Major League Soccer season ends this weekend.
    Speaking on Wednesday morning, Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said: "Beckham has chosen Milan. He'll stay here in Milan on loan for a few months.
    "Our squad is ultra-competitive and it will remain this way but Beckham is something different and intriguing."
    The former Manchester United and Real Madrid star is eager to stay in England coach Fabio Capello's plans during the MLS close season. 606: DEBATE

Beckham is not the player he once was, and it is arguable whether he was ever world class

remember_the_66

Beckham needs two more appearances to become England's most-capped outfield player, taking him past Bobby Moore, who played 108 times for his country.
    Italian Capello has made it clear he will only select players who are active and in form.
    BBC Radio 5 Live football correspondent Jonathan Legard said: "Now he's involved again in the England set-up at the age of 33 under Capello, he's clearly determined to make the most of it, and knows that the MLS close season will do nothing for his fitness or sharpness.
    "He's not started a competitive international in 16 months and you wonder how shocked he was when Capello made it clear he wasn't going to be considered for the Spain friendly next February."
    The 2009 Major League Soccer season is due to start in April, so Beckham's loan move would only be short-term.
    LA Galaxy, who had previously insisted that Beckham would not be able to move to another club on loan during their close season, will play exhibition matches in Australia and New Zealand in December. Beckham will then join a stellar squad at Milan, which includes Brazilians Ronaldinho, Kaka and Alexandre Pato, as well as Italian internationals Andrea Pirlo and Gennaro Gattuso.

Milan are expected to confirm the loan move on Friday, but coach Carlo Ancelotti has already made it clear he would welcome Beckham's arrival.
    "For me, it will be a pleasure. Beckham is a serious athlete, a great professional," he stated. "If he'll be available for us, we'll be very happy." Beckham would be eligible to play for Milan both domestically and in the Uefa Cup
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

very good move for both parties.
    “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Working...
    X