RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This sounds like Marlon King's case. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sounds like Marlon King's case. . .

Scolari defends injured Terry

Wednesday 22 Oct 2008

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has defended the appearance of skipper John Terry in the 5-0 win at Middlesbrough, just days after he missed England's World Cup qualifier in Belarus.

A back problem kept Terry out of the 3-1 win in Minsk a week ago, while he also sat out the 5-1 victory over Kazakhstan at Wembley four days earlier.

JOHN TERRY
    However, his injury cleared up in time for him to lead the Blues to a convincing win at the Riverside last weekend.

Scolari commented: "He might have more specific exercises for this problem but I do not think it requires surgery.

"He was not fit enough to play for the national team, but after a period of rest he could play. I did not speak with the England coach about him.
    "John has played in 14 games for Chelsea and four for the national team. He has missed one or two games this season so far and that is normal.

"I am a big fan of John Terry, he is a very good captain and a good man. He sometimes plays in pain, but he is the kind of captain I want.

"All the players in the world want to play for their national team, but some coaches are crazy wondering why a player cannot play after two days with an injury, and then being able to play a few days later for their club."
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Please this is a regular thing for Terry. Too injuried to play for his country then plays the next game for Chelsea. .... and to think Capello made this twit his captain.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

every case and every coach is different.

Some coaches provide fake injury. Was John with the national team or he was not picked based on Chelsea report?

Unnu gwaan trust them English club manager deh. Them have their hide to protect and their players and some of them will do anything to prevent a player from representing their country especially a smaller one.

I wouldn't be surprise if Hull tell King not to play for Jamaica and they will give make a 6 million pound deal with better wageswhen the transfer window is opened again.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

question. How many real big games has he missed?
        Is it just the secondary games?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

terry gives his all & all for country & club.......after rest ur back could be eased of serious pain......medical fact.
          “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Assasin. I would give Marlon King more credit than that.

Its not like he will be without a job if Hull doesnt sign him, his finances are secured for the next 3 years with Wigan.

Now, the coach can try all him want and drop the player from the starting side etc, but once the player willing to play for his country and gets an invitation to play, there is nothing the coach can do to interfere.

Check the FIFA rules.

King and the JFF are the only ones who can determine the players international career, not hull or Wigan.
            Last edited by Reggae-Fan; October 22, 2008, 12:43 PM.
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

gwaan act naive. You know how many a them ask players fi resign under the quiet? King deal is secure at Wigan?

I know he is playing much better than last year and his stock has risen so it is possible to temp him with an improve deal. Mi nuh put it pass no player.

Comment

Lets just wait and see if King is stupid enough to put his international career on the sidelines to appease a coach (who's job MIGHT be in jeopardy at the end of the season).

King has better chance of playing at the World cup with Jamaica than he does winning the EPL or champions league with Hull.
                President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

WELL...when yuh put it like that...how can he not play for the boyz!!??

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Hull have no interest in winning the champions league or the EPL now, just to stay in the EPL. King maybe just want to get an extended career and get paid after been pushed around the lower leagues for under 1 million pounds.

Believe it or not country and world don't get everybody excited ask the Scottish strker Boyd who "retired" recently or Roy Keane who walked out on his Irish squad.

Comment

Pushed around? He was the highest paid player at Watford at one point, and I am sure he was on a decent salary at Wigan as well. He has a proven track record scoring goals in the championship as well as the EPL (he started out well with Watford before his injury). Playing in the world cup etc would raise his profile as a player as well. Ask Deon Burton what playing at France'98 did for his career.

For al I know Hull might very well end up playing in the championship division next year....while Jamaica might very well end up playing in the world cup. what then?

Comment

Working...
                      X