Heat In De Place ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat In De Place ...

By Enrique Machado, Central American correspondent.The fate of Mexican coach Sven-Goran Ericksson rests in the all-important World Cup qualifying game against Honduras on November 19 in Honduras. With mounting calls coming from all and sundry in Mexico for the dismissal of the Swede, the top brass of Mexican football met on Saturday night to determine the way forward. He got only conditional and temporary support.

Sven can count of the support of the powerful Counsel of Owners of the Mexican Premier League clubs – only until November 19, when the team visits Honduras to seek qualification to the final round of CONCACAF qualifiers.
    “The truth is that we were not expecting that qualification to the next round would be defined in the last game of the round, but I am positive and now more than ever we should support our team,”Jesus Martinez, President of Pachuca FC told JamaicaWin.com.

“At this time Mr Ericksson is the coach and he should be supported by all of Mexican football. It is known that before the coach was selected I wanted Javier Aguirre, however, that is in the past and our present is Sven, therefore, all we can do is await the game against Honduras,” Martinez reiterated.

Miguel Angel Couchonal, vice-president of Atalante FC was clear and direct, saying that Ericksson’s place on the bench is only secure until November 19.
    “What I have said is quite clear. We are going to wait until November 19 against Honduras and afterwards the Selection Committee will analyze and determine the future of the National coach,” he announced.

The General Secretary of the FMF (Mexican Football Federation), Decio de Maria was more diplomatic. He said that Sven position is assured as he leads Mexico into a three-way battle for two positions in the final round of CONCACAF eliminations, but also brought up the post game analysis.
    “There is support for the National team and we will return to meet as soon as the round concludes,” said de Maria.
    “What is important now is the game against Honduras, to end this elimination phase and start the other and in the process we are all united with the team and those who make it, and we all know what has been happening in the games and the evolution of the National team.”

After three wins at home, Mexico lost to Jamaica 1-0 recently in Kingston and drew 2-2 with an eliminated Canada away afterwards. Mexico now leads Group B with 10 points followed by Honduras on 9, Jamaica surging on 7 and Canada eliminated on 2 points.
    Jamaica will host Canada in the second Group B game also on November 19 with a chance to overtake one of the top two and advance to the next elimination phase.
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

yeah, mek he bun so hot dat he does de right thing in Honduras.
    “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Good post!

Look, Mexico's approach to football is to win the World Cup. They consider themselves that good. The expectation for Mexico is to beat all the CONCACAF contenders (with the US presenting the most problems) during the qualification phase.

The above article shows the high expectations this country and it's people have for football.

I think i'll choose watching the Honduras v. Mexico game over Jamaica v. Canada. With help from Mexico--Jamaica will just have to beat Canada wan-nil to make it to the hex.

LAST WORD:

I think Mexico would rather meet Jamaica in the hex than Honduras... Mexico is therefore taking this game extermely seriously. Compounding this seriousness is the axe hanging over Ericksson's head
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

look what Tappa caused,
        yet we want to just push him to the side. aaah boy
        Honduras inna di stew to.

Comment

Lets just hope that Sven has the backing of the Mexican players. In situations like these if the coach is not liked by the players on a whole, they could see this as an opportunity for them to perform badly and get the coach fired...

Okay, maybe long shot, but just thinking out loud
          President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Excellent, now lets give Canada 6 love

Originally posted by Twan View Post
            By Enrique Machado, Central American correspondent.The fate of Mexican coach Sven-Goran Ericksson rests in the all-important World Cup qualifying game against Honduras on November 19 in Honduras. With mounting calls coming from all and sundry in Mexico for the dismissal of the Swede, the top brass of Mexican football met on Saturday night to determine the way forward. He got only conditional and temporary support.

Sven can count of the support of the powerful Counsel of Owners of the Mexican Premier League clubs – only until November 19, when the team visits Honduras to seek qualification to the final round of CONCACAF qualifiers.
            “The truth is that we were not expecting that qualification to the next round would be defined in the last game of the round, but I am positive and now more than ever we should support our team,”Jesus Martinez, President of Pachuca FC told JamaicaWin.com.

“At this time Mr Ericksson is the coach and he should be supported by all of Mexican football. It is known that before the coach was selected I wanted Javier Aguirre, however, that is in the past and our present is Sven, therefore, all we can do is await the game against Honduras,” Martinez reiterated.

Miguel Angel Couchonal, vice-president of Atalante FC was clear and direct, saying that Ericksson’s place on the bench is only secure until November 19.
            “What I have said is quite clear. We are going to wait until November 19 against Honduras and afterwards the Selection Committee will analyze and determine the future of the National coach,” he announced.

The General Secretary of the FMF (Mexican Football Federation), Decio de Maria was more diplomatic. He said that Sven position is assured as he leads Mexico into a three-way battle for two positions in the final round of CONCACAF eliminations, but also brought up the post game analysis.
            “There is support for the National team and we will return to meet as soon as the round concludes,” said de Maria.
            “What is important now is the game against Honduras, to end this elimination phase and start the other and in the process we are all united with the team and those who make it, and we all know what has been happening in the games and the evolution of the National team.”

After three wins at home, Mexico lost to Jamaica 1-0 recently in Kingston and drew 2-2 with an eliminated Canada away afterwards. Mexico now leads Group B with 10 points followed by Honduras on 9, Jamaica surging on 7 and Canada eliminated on 2 points.
            Jamaica will host Canada in the second Group B game also on November 19 with a chance to overtake one of the top two and advance to the next elimination phase.
            Dream big. We are Jamaicans!
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Regardless of the outcome of the Mexico/Honduras game, Ericsson wont get fired. He's less than a year into his contract. Mexico would have to pay an exorbitant amount of money if they were to sack him right now.

Comment

I don't think you fully understand the Mexican approach to football and WINNING!!!
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

He sure doesn't and he does not
                  see it as a multi million dollar business either (thus his talk)

Comment

Clubs and countries do it (fire coaches) all the time! A nuh nutten!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mek dem heap up di coal, suh di fiyah wi bun trong come di nineteenth. Mi love it , kah to how dem a get nerminous dem wi guh all out fi a win. A dat wi waan, tan an si nuh poil di dance ah interferance mash e up.

Comment

It's not impossible for this present Reggae Boyz squad to "lick" 6 goals pass Canada. The Canadians, and no team for that matter, will want to be embarassed by 6 goals so if the Boyz do score the 6 goals and advance to the Hex Honduras cannot complain that Canada gave away the match to Jamaica.

Comment

Nothing nuh impossible star. Canada dead already and some a di players may already moved on mentally.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                          X