Honuras playing the mind games, taken from Jawin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honuras playing the mind games, taken from Jawin

Mexico wants Jamaica to qualify - Honduras coach.

Assistant coach of Honduras, Alexis Mendoza, made it clear on Sunday that Mexico are on the hunt for his team’s scalps and would prefer that Jamaica and not Honduras, accompany them to the final round of six.

“They would be happier if Jamaica qualifies, because the rivals who have been toughest on them in the Azteca (stadium) have been us,” Mendoza told the media on Sunday.

Honduras host Mexico on November 19, while Jamaica host Canada simultaneously in tough Group B deciders.

The coach, who believes that Mexico are still in transition under new coach Sven-Goran Eriksson said, “We have to prepare ourselves in best way possible because we are at home. We have to impose ourselves and play an intelligent game against a team which does not want to have us as company in the final six.”

He said that to ensure qualification at the final whistle, Honduras will have to win. “Honduras should impose themselves because to go to the World Cup one has to be strong at home. We know it will not be easy, but it’s not impossible because we believe in our players.”

Mendoza said that his players have not suffered from the loss to Jamaica.
    “The local players are OK. Everybody is playing well at home and that is what’s happening to Jamaica who now have two consecutive wins at home. But we too can play at home. One knows that to qualify, home is key.”

Off the ball, there has been speculation about the possibility that the referee might ultimately decide the game and ultimately the qualifiers.

According to some members of the media, CONCACAF cannot afford a World Cup without Mexico and the regional body will do whatever it can to ensure the qualification of their top international team. However, Mendoza is not worried about that aspect of the big game.

“We have to be careful when we go in that direction because we are talking about a man’s honour,” he opined. “I don’t think anything bad will happen; it’s going to be a game played in front of the eyes of the world and the biggest star will be the referee. The referee is quite capable, knows where he is and where he is going.”

The referee in question is Guatemalan Carlos Batres who was the man in the middle for Jamaica’s final of the Premier League in 2002.
    Last edited by Karl; October 27, 2008, 01:26 PM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

They start ****************t_ing in their boots already..
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

don't read into dem kinda chat.......dem closer to dem than us........remember dat.
      “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

its good that they are talking as we can hope mexico goes for their scalps.. Now we dont want mexico to loose as that would create a problem.

Comment

Yeah dem a sen message to Swen fi come fi a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
            Yeah dem a sen message to Swen fi come fi a draw.
            yuh see it !!
            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Working...
            X