X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'I played for England with a Jamaican passport' - Barnes

'I played for England with a Jamaican passport'
    GORDON WILLIAMS, STAR Writer

John Barnes (left) with Jamaica Football Federation president Captain Horace Burrell. - file
    John Barnes may have been proud to wear the England jersey, but admits his citizenship was clearly Jamaican for at least part of his international playing career.
    The former Watford, Liverpool, Newcastle and Charlton Athletic playmaker, said he could not recall exactly when he acquired a British passport, but revealed that during his early years with England's national team, starting as a teenager in 1983, he carried a Jamaican passport.
    http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/...s/sports3.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Was that legal? I don't think Barnes need to prove his Jamaica ties at all, that is firmly established.

His sister (older I think) was a tennis pro at Half Moon for a long time and Johnny would visit a lot and they would hang out on Doctors Cave beach
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Who cared if it was 'legal'. Back in those days it was all about the big countries. Now it's about the big clubs. These are interesting revelations.

Comment

Barnes doin' the PR thing when he does not have to.
        “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

He is just pandering to the Jamaican supporters.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Is there something wrong with it , Rene did it ruthlessly.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
            X