X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferdinand and Blissett

Ferdinand set for Tottenham role

Redknapp hopes Ferdinand will get the best out of Spurs' strikers

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp says he intends to bring former Spurs striker Les Ferdinand to the club as a coach.
    Redknapp has already recruited former midfielder Tim Sherwood on to his staff on a part-time basis, and has revealed he now wants Ferdinand, 42, to come in.
    "I'm going to speak to Les, I want to bring him in to do a bit of coaching and work with the strikers," he said. "I think he can be a big help to them."
    Redknapp is building his backroom staff after taking over as boss 10 days ago. He has overseen wins over Bolton and Liverpool and a dramatic draw with Arsenal in his short time in charge having succeeded Juande Ramos on 26 October.

But he still believes the likes of Darren Bent, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Frazier Campbell would benefit from working with Ferdinand
    "I did it a few years ago at Portsmouth when I got (former Watford, AC Milan and England striker) Luther Blissett to work with Yakubu when he was going through a bit of a barren spell in his first season," said Redknapp.. 606: DEBATE
    How would you rate Ferdinand's appointment?
    "He ended up having an amazing end to that season with 14 goals in 16 games. I think Les can come in and be a big help to our strikers too." Ferdinand played 118 matches for Tottenham between 1997 and 2003, scoring 33 goals.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.
Working...
X