No announcement yet.

Just wondering.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

them knaw fi talk,you see what Fuller did to Arsenal and Villa defense?

How you know him nuh peak yet? Put it this way anytime Jones have operation on his back, his two knees, and him chigga toe then you can talk to me.

Ricardo Gardner would be one of the best players in the EPL if he was injury free and Ricardo Fuller would be with a big team barring injuries.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      them knaw fi talk,you see what Fuller did to Arsenal and Villa defense?

How you know him nuh peak yet? Put it this way anytime Jones have operation on his back, his two knees, and him chigga toe then you can talk to me.

Ricardo Gardner would be one of the best players in the EPL if he was injury free and Ricardo Fuller would be with a big team barring injuries.

Where have you ever heard of a player peaking at 30 in club or international ball bredren? Again Fuller did score against Arsenal and Villa but he disappeared last week at Old Trafford when ManU raped Stoke and will disappear against Chelsea and Liv'pool and most other teams in the top half of the table. At 30 years he's past his peak and will not get any better than what u currently see of him. And to say he wouldve been with a big team barring injuries is a hypothetical statement. That was never a guarantee before injuries. As a matter of fact no big clubs in England went in for him before his injuries.

Comment

Dean Whitehead, Malbranque, Diof and Richardson have a lot of experience in the EPL, plus Dwight Yorke

Can you compare that with Roary delap, Liam Lawerence and Cresswell etc?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

that was not the question, I asked how you know Jones don't peak yet?

I know a lot of players who done by the time them reach 26. The reason why Fuller can peak at 30 is because he has only been healthy since last September. Every other year he had to sit out or play on one foot for a part of the season. If he is healthy he can achieve more than he has ever had.

How do you judge peaking? By production? How old is Anelka, How old is Drogba? are they peaking now?

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
            ...where has Fuller disappeared to in the Premiership goalscoring charts. His supporters here have gone quiet especially wit tha raping that Stoke received at Old Trafford last Saturday.

I wonder what "The Dread" has to say now. Fuller hasnt scored in quite a while now. Oddly enough Kenwyne Jones has just returned from a 7 month injury layoff and he already has 2 goals in 2 games. I believe Fuller has scored 5 goals since the season started. Very Interesting.
            It never ceases to amaze me how idiotic you can be! As usual, you start by distorting the truth. "Fuller hasn't scored in awhile" what kind of nonsensical statement is that? He didn't score against ManU, but he did 2 games before against Arsenal. Jones has 2 goals in 2 games...true, but only one is a prem. goal compared to Fullers 5.....apples to apples dude. Jones has 1 goal in 4 games (prem. only). But why are we even discussing this? Yes, it was you, Warlord, that made the stupid statement that Jones was "clinical" insinuating that he had a better strike rate than Fuller. History tells us that Fullers has a better strike rate than Jones when they played in the same league at the same time. Fuller was about 5 - 5.5 shots per goal while Jones was about 9 shots per goal. The season is still young lets see how it plays out. Still, the original arguement was that Fuller is not a prem. quality striker...his 5 goals in 13 games says he is (that is 2 less than "clinical" Jones scored last season in the prem.).

Comment

that was not the question, I asked how you know Jones don't peak yet?
              In european football, players dont peak till around 27/28 yrs old mark

I know a lot of players who done by the time them reach 26. The reason why Fuller can peak at 30 is because he has only been healthy since last September. Every other year he had to sit out or play on one foot for a part of the season. If he is healthy he can achieve more than he has ever had.

Name me a slew of players that were done by 26 in English football. Im interested in seeing that list. Why would anyone play on one foot for multiple seasons? People like Van Nistelrooy has had a few knee surgeries at PSV and even at that time Sir Alex still splashed 19 million pounds for his signature when he couldnt kick a ball. He had rehab for at least a year before making his Old Trafford debut. Why wouldnt Fuller's club put him in the treatment room instead of playing him on one leg? Im mistaken here but dont english club have phsio that deal with injured players? If he's healthy he can achieve more? Maybe he was healthy and most people didnt know it. He seemed okay in the Championship wit Stoke and Southampton. The only time I think he was injured for any period of time was at Portsmouth.

[QUOTE]How do you judge peaking? By production? How old is Anelka, How old is Drogba? are they peaking now
              ?

Anelka was already an established striker in the premiership before he went abroad and Drogba is 30 and in all likelyhood has probably peaked although he still is a very good player. There are a number of variants involved in judging a player's peak levels.

Comment

the question is was Anelka and Drogba ever better?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
                  It never ceases to amaze me how idiotic you can be! As usual, you start by distorting the truth. "Fuller hasn't scored in awhile" what kind of nonsensical statement is that? He didn't score against ManU, but he did 2 games before against Arsenal. Jones has 2 goals in 2 games...true, but only one is a prem. goal compared to Fullers 5.....apples to apples dude. Jones has 1 goal in 4 games (prem. only). But why are we even discussing this? Yes, it was you, Warlord, that made the stupid statement that Jones was "clinical" insinuating that he had a better strike rate than Fuller. History tells us that Fullers has a better strike rate than Jones when they played in the same league at the same time. Fuller was about 5 - 5.5 shots per goal while Jones was about 9 shots per goal. The season is still young lets see how it plays out. Still, the original arguement was that Fuller is not a prem. quality striker...his 5 goals in 13 games says he is (that is 2 less than "clinical" Jones scored last season in the prem.).

LOL distorting tha truth? Look at the factfile son. The guy comes back from injury and scores 2 goals in consecutive matches . In total, KJ has 5 appearances and 2 goals with 2 sub appearances. In total Fuller has 15 appearances scoring 5 goals with 6 sub appearances. In case you didnt know the Golden Boot Award in the EPL is tallied from all competitions and not just the premiership. So 5 in 15 and 2 in 5 doesnt make Fuller that prolific a striker as you claim him to be. As a matter of fact Fuller's overall premiership record is 15 goals in 75 appearances while Kenwyne Jones Record is 11 goals in 38 appearances. That should tell you overall how poor Fuller's strike rate has been in the premiership when he's played. KJ isnt infinitely better but he is younger and has more potential to become a better striker unlike Fuller. You get my point now or do i have to spell it out for that thick head of yours.

Comment

the question is was Anelka and Drogba ever better?
                    Drogba was better when he came to the premiership and so was Anelka.

Comment

LOL distorting tha truth? Look at the factfile son. The guy comes back from injury and scores 2 goals in consecutive matches . In total, KJ has 5 appearances and 2 goals with 2 sub appearances. In total Fuller has 15 appearances scoring 5 goals with 6 sub appearances. In case you didnt know the Golden Boot Award in the EPL is tallied from all competitions and not just the premiership. So 5 in 15 and 2 in 5 doesnt make Fuller that prolific a striker as you claim him to be. As a matter of fact Fuller's overall premiership record is 15 goals in 75 appearances while Kenwyne Jones Record is 11 goals in 38 appearances. That should tell you overall how poor Fuller's strike rate has been in the premiership when he's played. KJ isnt infinitely better but he is younger and has more potential to become a better striker unlike Fuller. You get my point now or do i have to spell it out for that thick head of yours.
                      Like I said before you ARE A RANKED IDIOT WITH NOTHING TO SPOUT BUT STUPIDITY. Numbers don't lie, but idots will always try and twist the truth. Keep twisting, but I am not going to part take in your madness. When your bwoy start scoring 1 goal in 5 shots or less you might want to call him "clinical" instead of the 1 goal every 9 or 10 shots .
                      Last edited by TheDread; November 19, 2008, 03:22 AM.

Comment

anelk was made by wenger...he is JUST now fulfilling his earlier potential...he would have been better long time ago if he had stayed with wenger...i think he would have been better than henry...but then that is speculation o my part.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

From a technical eye - They both could be infinitely much better strikers....late in the day as it is, Fuller has more technical skills and if they both improve their TEAMplay (more often give and I shall receive play) Fuller, I am thinking would get more chances and should score more goals.

Why do I think that is so?
                          Fuller has a jump on Jones in 'touch' and 'popping ability'. At this moment Jones uses his 'head' more. All Fuller has to do is 'think more'...that would mean the sensible using of TEAMmates more often. That would lead to more 'giving and receiving'. That would lead to greater possession of the ball by his team. That would lead to Fuller being 'free' (receiving the ball more often with GOD only by his side/around him) more often. That would lead to more good open chances at goal.

Sure Jones could improve...but if you look at their games...make the comparison on how they currently play...the strike-rates are not too dis-similar...but Jones is miles ahead of Fuller in use of TEAMmates and open chances...stands to reason, I am saying...that Fuller ups his TEAMplay shall receive more chances, shall score more often!

Caution - Fuller has had the opportunity to up his TEAMplay for YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRS! What then has prevented him from playing more TEAM? ...or better said, why then would it be expected that 'a bulb' would now go off in his head' and he suddenly becomes more of a TEAMplayer as say a Ronaldo, C or Rooney or going way back to the best of them all (a forward that used TEAM to greatest effect) *Gerd Muller of Germany?

*Some claim he had little technical skills excepting he was the consumate TEAM man & greatest of goal proachers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerd_M%C3%BCller

Below look at positioning...freeing self from the attentions of defenders ----->----> The last goal is particularly eye-opening! The movement of the ball...not in the expected forward play...but backwards to free himself - simply fantastic (quickness of mind) ->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbUeB20ty_c

With national records of 68 goals in 62 international appearances, 365 goals in 427 Bundesliga games and the international record of 66 goals in 74 European Club games, he was by far the most successful striker of his day.
                          I would say he is the standard by which goalscorers must be judged! Certainly he is my standard bearer at pure goal scoring! Simply 'der Bomber'!

He must not be confused with thinking on greatest footballer of all time. In that my standard bearer on 'greatest' is Pele - Edison Arantes do Nascimento!
                          Last edited by Karl; November 19, 2008, 08:18 AM.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                            anelk was made by wenger...he is JUST now fulfilling his earlier potential...he would have been better long time ago if he had stayed with wenger...i think he would have been better than henry...but then that is speculation o my part.

My point exactly. Anelka was an already established in the premiership quality striker b4 he left for Real Madrid and Galatasaray. Could he have been better if he stayed at Arsenal? I have to agree with you there. He had alot of potential at that point but he also had mental issues and also an ego. I think he's matured now as a player.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
                              Like I said before you ARE A RANKED IDIOT WITH NOTHING TO SPOUT BUT STUPIDITY. Numbers don't lie, but idots will always try and twist the truth. Keep twisting, but I am not going to part take in your madness. When your bwoy start scoring 1 goal in 5 shots or less you might want to call him "clinical" instead of the 1 goal every 9 or 10 shots .

Cant explain the 15 goals in 75 matches in the prem for Fuller huh? Who looks like tha dumbass fool? I gave you his overall EPL record vs Kenwyne Jones' Go look it up for yourself fool. Its not twisting anything...its there in print in the Premiership record books, but you wouldnt know that since you talk out of your ass all the time.

Since you are daft and cannot understand ...let me break it down for you again?

Player name:
                              Ricardo Fuller
                              Date of birth: 31 October, 1979
                              Nationality: Jamaican
                              Position: Striker
                              Height: 1.91

This season

Apps As sub Goals Yellow Red

Total (Club) 15 (6) 5 5 0
                              League 13 (4) 5 5 0
                              FA Cup 0 (0) 0 0 0
                              League Cup 2 (2) 0 0 0
                              European/Others 0 (0) 0 0 0

Player name: Kenwyne Jones
                              Date of birth: 05 October, 1984
                              Nationality: Trinidad & Tobago
                              Position: Striker
                              Height: 1.87

This season

Apps As Sub Goals Yellow Red

Total (Club) 5 (2) 2 1 0
                              League 4 (2) 1 1 0
                              FA Cup 0 (0) 0 0 0
                              League Cup 1 (0) 1 0 0
                              European/Others 0 (0) 0 0 0

Total stats
                              R. Fuller = 5 goals in 15 appearances
                              K. Jones = 2 goals in 5 appearances

If you still dont get it then, you should be put up for adoption because you dont deserve to be someone's offspring.
                              Last edited by Warlord; November 19, 2008, 01:09 PM.

Comment

He was established but never PEAKED. Are we talking bout peaking or been established?

two different things.

Comment

Working...
                                X