Just wondering.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    From a technical eye - They both could be infinitely much better strikers....late in the day as it is, Fuller has more technical skills and if they both improve their TEAMplay (more often give and I shall receive play) Fuller, I am thinking would get more chances and should score more goals.

Why do I think that is so?
    Fuller has a jump on Jones in 'touch' and 'popping ability'. At this moment Jones uses his 'head' more. All Fuller has to do is 'think more'...that would mean the sensible using of TEAMmates more often. That would lead to more 'giving and receiving'. That would lead to greater possession of the ball by his team. That would lead to Fuller being 'free' (receiving the ball more often with GOD only by his side/around him) more often. That would lead to more good open chances at goal.

Sure Jones could improve...but if you look at their games...make the comparison on how they currently play...the strike-rates are not too dis-similar...but Jones is miles ahead of Fuller in use of TEAMmates and open chances...stands to reason, I am saying...that Fuller ups his TEAMplay shall receive more chances, shall score more often!

Caution - Fuller has had the opportunity to up his TEAMplay for YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRS! What then has prevented him from playing more TEAM? ...or better said, why then would it be expected that 'a bulb' would now go off in his head' and he suddenly becomes more of a TEAMplayer as say a Ronaldo, C or Rooney or going way back to the best of them all (a forward that used TEAM to greatest effect) *Gerd Muller of Germany?

*Some claim he had little technical skills excepting he was the consumate TEAM man & greatest of goal proachers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerd_M%C3%BCller

Below look at positioning...freeing self from the attentions of defenders ----->----> The last goal is particularly eye-opening! The movement of the ball...not in the expected forward play...but backwards to free himself - simply fantastic (quickness of mind) ->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbUeB20ty_c

I would say he is the standard by which goalscorers must be judged! Certainly he is my standard bearer at pure goal scoring! Simply 'der Bomber'!

He must not be confused with thinking on greatest footballer of all time. In that my standard bearer on 'greatest' is Pele - Edison Arantes do Nascimento!
    Karl, you are correct they both can become better. Personally, I like both strikers, but some on here keep saying Fuller is not up to prem. standards when clearly he his. You keep harping on Fuller playing "team", but he does the major of the game. Yes, once in a while he holds the ball too long...but you can't ignore that he does make good decisions more often than not. As far as Fuller and Jones strike rate is concerned, how are you defining it? When defined as ratio of goals to shots taken Fuller has a far superior rate than Jones when you compare them playing in the same league during the same timeframe. Fuller takes almost half as many shots as Jones to score a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
      Karl, you are correct they both can become better. Personally, I like both strikers, but some on here keep saying Fuller is not up to prem. standards when clearly he his. You keep harping on Fuller playing "team", but he does the major of the game. Yes, once in a while he holds the ball too long...but you can't ignore that he does make good decisions more often than not. As far as Fuller and Jones strike rate is concerned, how are you defining it? When defined as ratio of goals to shots taken Fuller has a far superior rate than Jones when you compare them playing in the same league during the same timeframe. Fuller takes almost half as many shots as Jones to score a goal.
      Fuller has improved tremendous since the last World Cup...but he still has the potential to make further advances.
      Dare we hope rapid advance!

...far superior strike rate?
      What do the complete stats say?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

i think he also played in france too.....OM or PSG....and liverpool and city .... one more club i think....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Fuller has improved tremendous since the last World Cup...but he still has the potential to make further advances.

Can't remember the exact figures, but the last time I checked when they palyed in the same league at the same time Fuller was scoring 1 goal about every 5 shots, while Jones was 1 in about 9 shots.

Comment

Lets hope Fuller, Shelton, and King make all the right choices tonight as we will need it. I don't have or care to look up complete stats on Fuller/Jones strike rates simply because they have played in a variety of leagues with varying strengths which makes across the board comparison like that almost meaningless. I focused on them when they played in the same league at the same time as this gives a better picture with the same competition. Even then, the strike rates doesn't necessarily point out who the better striker is because they might have played on different teams with different strategies, strength, makeup etc.

Comment

Working...
            X