X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallas reveals Arsenal unrest

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...525100,00.html

Gallas reveals Arsenal unrest

William Gallas has revealed the Arsenal squad has been victim of 'complaining', 'insults' and 'problems' this season.
    The Gunners have endured a poor start to the campaign, losing four of their opening 13 Premier League matches.
    Gallas, who is captaining the side for a second term, has borne the brunt of criticism in the past - most notably after his public demonstration of emotion at Birmingham City last season.
    The France international is disappointed he has been made a scapegoat and has now explained of unrest in the Emirates Stadium camp, and in turn demanded his team-mates discover their fighting spirit.
    Insults

"When, as captain, some players come up to you and talk to you about a player...complaining about him... and then during the match you speak to this player and the player in question insults us," Gallas told AP. "There comes a time where we can no longer comprehend how this can happen.
    "I am trying to defend myself a bit without giving names. Otherwise I'm taking it all (the blame). It's very frustrating," he said. "I'm 31, the player is six years younger than me."
    He also revealed a bust-up at half-time of the 4-4 draw with rivals Tottenham Hotspur - a match Arsenal were winning 4-2 with just minutes remaining.
    Gallas continued: "There was a problem at half-time. The only thing that I could say at half-time was, 'Guys, we resolve these problems after the match, not at half-time.'
    "We have to understand that to be champions, you have to play big matches every weekend and fight. We are coming up against teams who are not scared to play football against us, who are not scared to take us on at our place, and this is becoming dangerous for Arsenal.
    Warriors

"We are not brave enough in battle. I think we need to be soldiers. We have to be warriors. There are teams who can do it well against us, and we have to be able to face up to these attacks."
    Gallas went on to conclude that it is imperative for the club that they lift silverware after Arsenal last tasted glory back in 2005, when they lifted the FA Cup.
    He added: "I have to win something this year. I have to win something, Arsenal has to win something. It's four or five years since Arsenal won anything - 2004 (the league title). That's nearly five years, and that's not good.
    "For me the title is not over, it's true that we are nine points behind Chelsea, but you have to be optimistic and you can't give up."

There are only two players on arsenal team who are 25 eboue and van persie.

Gallas should a never do this, this should be an internal matter, I don' think he is a good captain

GYALass is a punk!!!
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

He needs to go NOW !! he is a big part of the problem...
      Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

the capitan?!!!

that was a false move by wenger...it should have been cesc or gilberto.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I'm 31, the player is six years younger than me."

ummmm .... how many in the squad that fits .... ummm ... my sherlock holmes instinct says RVP.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Talk, mek de man talk.....
            “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by 1of1 View Post
              http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...525100,00.html

Gallas reveals Arsenal unrest

There are only two players on arsenal team who are 25 eboue and van persie.

Gallas should a never do this, this should be an internal matter, I don' think he is a good captain
              If we are to take Gallas words then problems were festering long enough. It was time to let the players know that the secret talking to was long gone...it was now time to put the turmoil to Arsenal lovers and the public. Time for the players to stand in the fire and show the fans and the public the mettle of men...how men who are professionals can put aside differences and work for TEAM.

Gallas has merely said - Show your teammates, the manager, fans and others what you are made of...show how professionals conduct themselves. Stand-up...or sit!

Good talk by Gallas. Those who can or cannot put their petulance aside will by quality of play i.e. TEAM or no TEAM play...holding composure or not being able to hold composure during play, show whether or not they are worthy. Yup! - Put up or sit! No more time to pussyfoot around. You are either with us or against!

Those who hold the petulance and thus are not going TEAM full speed ahead must be dropped!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

and that is what there were missing...a TH14 to fill that void ... brining in gallas to be the official leader was a smack in the face of people like gilberto, toure and to some extent cesc.....gallas' overall behaviour and whinging on family matters is something new to the gunners ..... especially given that these are baby gunners it can be even more detrimental!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

As the captain you is the big man, if you have to go to the public then you is not the bigman man like Roy Keane yuh caan ramp wid dem as captain man like veira caan ramp wid him. Captain have to be either very strong (i.e. fraid a im) or or very much liked. Two leadership styles don't see either from Gallas

Comment

Working...
                  X