Clear All

• Digicel Caribbean Championships Attracts Major League Soccer

Well, this is some good news.

Taken from www.digicelfootball.com

Digicel Caribbean Championships Attracts Major League Soccer
    - December 3, 2008 -
    <DIV id=news_content>

<B><I>-MLS scouts attend DCC Finals

Digicel deh all over the page. You see why them sponsor.

Below the article is a brief history of Digicel. Them a make them name known.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The Digicel story at the bottom of the page is standard on all their releases, even the one page ones they send to the media every flipping day.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

So Sickko, Coach Barnes live to fight another day eh?

Was just sifting through the site and saw your beginning doomsday thread reporting the wan-nil Barbados score before the full 90....
        Last edited by HL; December 4, 2008, 04:52 PM.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

You are either a damn fool or....a damn fool.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Don't get angry...

I am sure if Barbados had won--you would be acting like the forum prophet....

HL

Comment

Good to see some scouts from MLS, but it would be alot better if the tournament attracted some scouts from european clubs. MLS is a decent league but once players go there there careers waste away imho. Very hard to attract a EU club after going to MLS.

Comment

Cant lose my cool over something you took out of context again....pity you did not avail yourself of JAMAL when you lived here.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                  Very hard to attract a EU club after going to MLS.
                  How did you come to this conclusion?

Comment

You are so edgy.

You need to drink more water...

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                      How did you come to this conclusion?

How did I come to this? How many Caribbean players have been exported to a european club while playing in MLS?

Only one player I know of and thats Stern John who went to Nottingham Forest. If you can name me 10 players that transferred then I will gladly retract that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                        How did I come to this? How many Caribbean players have been exported to a european club while playing in MLS?

Only one player I know of and thats Stern John who went to Nottingham Forest. If you can name me 10 players that transferred then I will gladly retract that statement.
                        WHy would you ask how many Caribbean players?

Quite a few players have attracted European interest while playing in the league and a few of those have been from the Caribbean.

Damani Ralph went to Europe from the MLS and other Caribbean players had clubs interested in them.

Comment

Warlord how you know no European scouts are there? you think most scouts advertise themselves? i heard from good source that at least one team is there from Norway.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                            WHy would you ask how many Caribbean players?

Quite a few players have attracted European interest while playing in the league and a few of those have been from the Caribbean.

Damani Ralph went to Europe from the MLS and other Caribbean players had clubs interested in them.
                            Read what I said? I never spoke of interest. I said how many players of caribbean descent have actually transferred to european leagues while plying their trade in the MLS? That is what I asked. There is a difference between a player gaining interest and an actual deal being put on the table.

Theres been many times where some sports sites link players to certain clubs in the UK and the clubs spokesperson rubbished those claims. Until a bid is submitted it is taken at face value. Now name me 10 players in the past while playing in the MLS was linked to a club and the club actually submitted a bid and it was refused. Only one player comes to mind and thats Shalrie Joseph of Grenada. Other than that I havent seen or heard anything about anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              Warlord how you know no European scouts are there? you think most scouts advertise themselves? i heard from good source that at least one team is there from Norway.

So the press would make mention of MLS scouts publicly and not mention european scouts from any of their leagues? Sure they wont give names of the scouts but it is possible they wouldve mentioned it had it been the case. Of course I dont know for a fact but its a bit odd that they'd would do one over the other dont u think?

While were at it maybe there's also scouts from Asian and South American leagues scouting players in Jamaica during the Digicel Cup championships.

Comment

Working...
                              X