RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what happens to a 20 million dollars RUCKS !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what happens to a 20 million dollars RUCKS !

Spurs look to rescue Keane from his Liverpool misery with cut- price bid in January sales

By Sportsmail Reporter
    Last updated at 12:44 PM on 07th December 2008

Tottenham Hotspur want to bring Liverpool striker Robbie Keane back to White Hart Lane and will attempt to resign him during the January transfer window.
    Former Spurs forward Keane joined Liverpool for £20m last summer but has had a disappointing start to life on Merseyside.
    He has scored just four times this season, played 0 minutes just three times and and been substituted 15 times.
    function

Robbie Keane
    Keane was also an unused substitute in Liverpool's 3-1 win at Blackburn yesterday which suggests Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has run out of patience with the Republic of Ireland frontman.

More...

Benitez is considering shaking up his squad in January and Keane has until the end of the year to convince the Kop boss not to sell him.
    [i]Liverpool agreed to pay Spurs £20m in instalments which means Spurs could offer part of the summer fee and waive the estimated £10m still owed, reports The News of the World.

£20m Keane facing Anfield exit but Liverpool stay top

By Joe Bernstein Last updated at 1:06 AM on 07th December 2008Rafa Benitez could be calling time on Robbie Keane's Liverpool career in January after the £20million striker was forced to watch yesterday's victory from the bench.
    While Blackburn's defeat piled more pressure on their struggling manager Paul Ince, striker Keane is also sweating on his future.

Scroll down for more

Lonely striker: Robbie Keane takes his place on the bench against Blackburn

More...
    Benitez finally lost patience with his big summer signing and even sent on unknown Moroccan Nabil El Zhar rather than the Republic of Ireland skipper when Liverpool were chasing the first goal.
    But the Liverpool manager had few regrets about his treatment of Keane after seeing his side stay a point clear of Chelsea at the top of the Premier League with a fluent attacking performance that laid down a marker to their title rivals.
    Benitez said: 'It wasn't easy to leave him on the bench, but I had to do what is best for the team. He didn't come on because I wanted to swap players who play in the same position. So, when I needed to bring Babel off, I chose El Zhar - a winger for a winger.'
    Keane has scored in only one Premier League game so far - at home to West Brom - and been substituted in 15 of his last 18 games.
    So, it was particularly pointed when Benitez added: 'We were more clinical than in previous games.
    'We knew Blackburn would put pressure on us but the players showed they could cope with it.'
    There have been whispers within the Anfield corridors that certain players were finding it difficult to play with the individualistic Keane, a boyhood Liverpool fan, who hailed his summer switch from Spurs as 'a dream move'.
    While Keane sat stony-faced and resorting to gentle neck exercises to keep him awake, Liverpool - also without the injured Fernando Torres - hit the form which belied their two previous results at home, both 0-0 draws.

Huge lift: Xabi Alonso of Liverpool celebrates scoring the first goal with Alvaro Arbeloa
    Once Xabi Alonso had broken the deadlock after 69 minutes, Liverpool looked home and dry.

Yossi Benayoun added a second and, although Roque Santa Cruz pulled a goal back late on, Steven Gerrard restored Liverpool's two-goal advantage in injury-time.

To add to Keane's woes, Benitez then sent out a message by sending on two late subs, Lucas Leiva and Albert Riera.

Meanwhile, Liverpool old boy Ince remains under severe pressure despite an improved performance yesterday.

His Blackburn side remain second-bottom after 10 games without a win. Saturday's derby at Wigan is now a must-win game for Rovers, with Ince criticised for missing training sessions and the players reportedly unhappy with some of his coaching staff.
    Ince admits he is under pressure along with the team, but said yesterday's game could be a turning point.

Disappointed: Blackburn keeper Paul Robinson

'It was a harsh scoreline. Anyone who says different doesn't know football,' he said.
    'The way the players performed showed me they were playing for the manager - and that has put a smile on my face. Now we have five cup finals and I hope this is a turning point.'

Ince's former Manchester United team-mate, Roy Keane, left Sunderland last week and with Mark Hughes under pressure at Manchester City, this is not a good period for Sir Alex Ferguson's former charges.

But Ince insisted: 'If we carry on playing like that, we should be mid-table rather than in a relegation fight. I can't fault anyone's effort.'
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Liverpool's Benitez roasted at charity dinner as fans gang up with Sky pundits

By Joe Bernstein

Last updated at 10:00 PM on 06th December 2008
    Rafa Benitez came under fire from fans and television pundits during a dinner at a luxury hotel over his tactics and transfer policy - at the same time his agent was across the city trying to negotiate a new contract.
    Several Anfield greats were among guests at a charity dinner and heard fans and a team of Sky Sports commentators give Benitez a rough ride.
    The Spaniard and his assistant, Sammy Lee, had given their time to join 400 corporate guests at the Crowne Plaza Hotel on the city's waterfront to raise money for the Lord Mayor of Liverpool's chosen charities.

Under fire: Rafa Benitez was persnally attacked in a question-and-answer session between fans and a panel of former players

More...

But a question-and-answer session between fans and a panel of former players led to scathing criticism of Benitez's signings Leiva Lucas and Robbie Keane, the sale of Peter Crouch and an apparent lack of adventure in the Liverpool team.

One eyewitness said: 'It was disgusting. Rafa had to sit there and listen to his management decisions taken apart by a bunch of people who aren't fit to tie his bootlaces. It was completely disrespectful.
    It must have passed people by that Liverpool were top of the League.
    'The [fans'] questions were totally disrespectful and the pundits should have known better than to have got involved. What are their managerial achievements?'
    The irony was that at the same time as Thursday's event, his advisers were talking about a new £10 million deal from American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.
    Benitez is confident he will eventually sign the new contract, with Hicks and Gillett certain to remain in charge following the withdrawal of interest from bidders in Dubai.
    Benitez's dinner ordeal came when he attended the event sponsored by Liverpool-based stockbrokers and investment managers, Blankstone Sington, to raise money for a number of charities including the Alder Hey Imagine Appeal, The Marina Dalglish Appeal, Alzheimer's Society and the Mersey Beat Appeal.
    Sky Sports presenter Jeff Stelling hosted the question-and-answer session between fans and TV pundits Charlie Nicholas, Paul Merson, Graeme Sharp and former Liverpool captain and assistant-manager Phil Thompson, but some of the questions from the supporters were far from friendly to Benitez.
    One eyewitness said: 'A lot of people in the room were appalled at the way Rafa was treated. He had attended the event in good faith and had to listen to people tearing him apart.
    'He had to sit there and hear Leiva Lucas being called ''crap'' and people questioning why he played too defensively. It was totally disrespectful to the man.
    'It was hard for the pundits. They have to give their honest opinions to questions asked. Thommo [Phil Thompson] handled it well. He did say he wouldn't have sold Peter Crouch, but that is his personal opinion. Rafa was very gracious in the circumstances and went over to see them after, before heading off. But I'm not sure what he was really thinking.'

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I remember clearly how you wanted a 20 million signing. You got one and now him a rux?

I remember when Keanno was a good singing for your. What happen? Rafa never do his homework? It was the same thing with Bellamy.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Keane was never supposed to be that 20M pound signing.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Never did his homework..lol Top of the table ..mid table man.

Comment

watch it yout you see them goal deh by Ashley young?

We buy 5 million players and turn them inna 20 mil.
            Mi hear say unnu gooda send back Keane go a spurs fi five Million.

By the way Crouchie score again today.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X