Rovers refuse to stand behind Ince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rovers refuse to stand behind Ince

Blackburn supremo John Williams has refused to safeguard Paul Ince's position, insisting he will make decisions "in the club's best interests".

Ince is under pressure at Ewood Park after a run of 10 Premier League games without a win has left Rovers in 19th in the table.

Reports have suggested Ince could be replaced as early as this week, with former Rovers boss Graeme Souness those to have been linked with the job.

It would appear that Ince will be in charge for this weekend's trip to Wigan but chairman Williams has stopped short of assuring the ex-England captain of his job.

"The board will make decisions it feels are in the best interests of the club," he told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.

Rovers lost 3-1 at home to league leaders Liverpool on Saturday and Williams praised the fans for sticking with Ince and the players.

He added: "It could have gone one of two ways on Saturday, but the fans were fantastic and really got behind the team.

"I am not sure who started it. Whether the players' performance lifted the crowd or vice versa, but they were certainly great.

"I don't think anyone could grumble about the crowd's contribution on Saturday, Paul Ince remarked on that to me himself."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

After hearing some of his post match interview I'm convinced ... Dead Man Walking.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yeah...you are right.

maybe management is looking at the fact that Blackburn can win at 11th place Wigan this Saturday; then return home the following saturday to play 13th place Stoke City--and win; as well as win away at 18th place Sunderland the Saturday after.

Those 9 points could get them out of the mire.

Please bow you head and help me pray for Paul Ince
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Sousness? Can't see that one being of any good.

Comment

a nuh prayer him need.

Him need fi get his players going. Mark Hughes had pretty much the same team except Brad friedel an a few others and he did well so Ince need fi realise that the black man future depend on him and get going.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Blackburn is a Big Sam kinda team.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mi sey last week that his brief time as manager has come to a crashing end. Back to Division 3 to regroup!
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

does he ring Fergie his old boss for some advice to deal with his crisis ?....he talkin' ah whole heap of crap lately. For that kinda chat dem should put him out of his misery & sack him.
                “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Well them nah fi worry, it christmas and Santa Cruz is finally coming to town, so him might save Incy.

Comment

Working...
                  X