X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy Chasing Jamaican Goalkeeper

Galaxy Chasing Jamaican Goalkeeper

Previous Entry
    By Nick Green on December 10, 2008 6:49 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) |SHARETHIS.addEntry({title:'100 Percent Soccer: Galaxy Chasing Jamaican Goalkeeper',summary:'A reliable source has told 100 Percent Soccer the Galaxy are in negotiations with Jamaican National Team goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts. The 31-year-old veteran of the ...',url:'http://www.insidesocal.com/soccer/2008/12/galaxy-chasing-jamaican-goalke.html',icon: 'http://www.insidesocal.com/soccer/sharethis.jpg'}, {button:true} ); ShareThis

A reliable source has told 100 Percent Soccer the Galaxy are in negotiations with Jamaican National Team goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts.
    The 31-year-old veteran of the English league is currently playing for a Jamaican team after being refused a work permit. He was subsequently released by lower division team Bradford City.
    Galaxy officials declined comment, but did not deny the team was eying Ricketts, a veteran of the 1998 World Cup.
    The big 6 foot 4 inch keeper is currently playing for his country in the Caribbean Football Union's Digicel Caribbean Championship, where he was blamed for conceding the tying goal after failing to hold onto a ball in a 1-1 draw Monday against Trinidad & Tobago.
    The team is believed to be in search of an veteran (but relatively inexpensive) starter after seeing the inexperienced Steve Cronin and Josh Wicks share time between the posts last season behind a leaky defense (to put it mildly).
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I hope this happen. It give Ricketts a chance to compete and work with quality goalie coaches and at the same time it open a door in some national games for other goalies locally.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

was this written by a jamaican journalist?

The team is believed to be in search of an veteran (but relatively inexpensive) starter after seeing the inexperienced Steve Cronin and Josh Wicks share time between the posts last season behind a leaky defense (to put it mildly).

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yuh tink is ongle Ja journalist have a problem wid de inglish langwage?
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Maybe the person had just read one of Karl's many confusing posts.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

NO?!!! how dare you suggest otherwise!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Good opportunity for Ricketts compared to being in Jamaica. As long as he avoids those mental episodes, he should be good in the MLS.

Comment

it is more like a blog. Nowadays everybody have them "blog"

Comment

From reports on I heard on ESPN desportes, it was mentioned that LA Galaxy was looking at 4 Central American players. One of them being a GK but no mention of Ricketts.

Comment

Don't do it TALL P

Comment

ESPN has to be right?

Comment

Working...
                      X