RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumour has it: Bora done deal...but, all the funds to pay him not in place! Will sign on Nov. 23rd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumour has it: Bora done deal...but, all the funds to pay him not in place! Will sign on Nov. 23rd.

I dont think spending US1.2 mill on a coach is sustainable. I watch football at all levels in Jamaica and I think our fields are a serious impediment to improving our standard of play. CB bemoans the slow pace at which we move from defense to attack. With these bumpy fields at our disposal I would not expect any better, the football just cannot flow.

I would try to get a coach for US400k, allocate US150k to four prem clubs each year starting with the worse as contributions to building a good surface for matches and also a training field. Before the money is dispersed clubs should show that they hve garnered the rest of the funding for the project. In three years we will have at least 24 good playing surfaces plus better footballers. The field that u guys play evening ball pon overseas is world class compare to the best prem. field in Jamaica. I would use US200k per year to sponsor a national div 1 below the prem league so that it is easier for clubs to move to the top league. Also when a club is demoted they dont have to worry about moving significantly from semi pro to amatuer and then back to semi pro.

Spending US1.2 mill dont guarantee us a world cup place. If we dont qualify whats going to happen? Even if we qualify what happen post SA 2010? The money to pay the coach is not revenue earned but on 'beggings'. Suppose there is a cyclical economic change for the sponsors and they cannot fulfill their obligations, What will they use to pay bora? We will just lose all our money and we are still at the same place. At least with my strategy for the money we will have a good club structure and as such it is easier to qualify for future WC at both levels.

I know most man though prefa dem big coach but i dont. I am a firm believer in sustainability now and for the future. If spending big money on coaches guarantees WC place then luxemburg will be at every world cup.

Zilla fram ova suh
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X