X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Duckie and his U-20

On to T'dad!

The race has just begun!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Unlike Sickko, I think Duckie is one of the better coaches in Jamaica. Yes, some people say him a likkle arrogant. Well, so are Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex.

Bora thought he had some quality and drafted him into the national set up. He deserves to be there and he deserves to be in the U-20 Hex.

I expect him to take us to the U-20 World Cup.

Gwaan Duckie!!! Congrats to you and the team!

Now, stop the foolish time wasting over 80 minutes and play ball!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That type time wasting will not work in T'dad. More likely get some players in the ref's book!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

You kidding me, with possibly 3 central american teams and Mexico?...Man nah go stop roll a grung!
        At a young age winning is not the most important thing... the important thing is to develop creative and skilled players with good confidence.

Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Sam !! View Post
          You kidding me, with possibly 3 central american teams and Mexico?...Man nah go stop roll a grung!
          Every minute as the commentators would have us believe? ...or were they lying?

Comment

They weren't lying. I see it every week. A good referee, and I hope we get some for the tourney in T&T, will card the player or at the very least ignore the writhing wretch. Full time now a local team declare that they will not stop play for injured players, unless yuh clearly a dead!

Yuh see if dem add 3 minutes to regulation time, it done! The goalkeeper makes a save or even kicks out the ball, and he's down for the rest of the game.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You not going to get away from that part of the game, especially in our region(With our Horror officials) so get used to it. What this tells me is that Jamaica has started adapting and learning from what has bedeviled us all these years...Not saying that it right still, but it clearly killed the game for SVG.
              At a young age winning is not the most important thing... the important thing is to develop creative and skilled players with good confidence.

Arsene Wenger

Comment

Hindsight again, Sam! What if they had scored the penalty?! We would have probably forgotten how to play football and they would have sent 11 men to guard the penalty area.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I just think with the exception of Batres from Guatemala and maybe a few others(Arredondo etc) our region's officiating sucks, so they would be hard pressed to make any real difference. Furthermore with the glutton of latin American referees that will be at the tournament, I anticipate them almost always siding with the shenanigans that are associated with the Central American style of play. We may not have picked the right times this game, but we had the Vincent ion's walking and the match petering out with 20 minute's to go.

Hindsight Mo, what if we had put away our 6 previous chances?
                  Last edited by Sam !!; January 14, 2009, 12:14 AM.

Arsene Wenger

Comment

Congrats to him and the team. If Duckie is no good, then things really bad for our football for many years to come because he is certainly better than the majority of the local alternatives.

Comment

Furthermore with the glutton of latin American. . .
                      English teecha. Yuh mean glut? I read this a couple times and said wha' im talking bout.
                      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

lol...yeah that

Arsene Wenger

Comment

Working...
                        X