AC Milan's Kaka refuses $145 million Man City offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Milan's Kaka refuses $145 million Man City offer

MILAN, Italy (AP) - AC Milan star Kaka reportedly turned down a world record $145 million transfer to Manchester City on Wednesday.

The Brazil international was quoted on the Web site of Mediaset, the company controlled by Milan president and Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi, as saying that he planned to stay at Milan.

"I have already refused important offers," Kaka said. "My objective is to become, in the future, the captain of (Milan). I know there is a hierarchy and (Paolo) Maldini and (Massimo) Ambrosini are before me, but after ..."

The 26-year-old Kaka, whose comments were also posted on Milan's Web site, said he wants "to grow old with Milan."

Man City has not commented.

Kaka's spokesman, Diogo Kotscho, had earlier confirmed that City had made a 100-million-pound ($145 million; €110 million) bid for the midfielder.

Kotscho told The Associated Press that directors from the English club made the world record offer to AC Milan on Tuesday in a meeting in Milan.

Kotscho said Kaka was not represented in the meeting.

The Abu Dhabi United Group, led by Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, bought Man City last September in a deal believed to be worth about 200 million pounds (then US$370 million).

The takeover brought a British-record transfer deal of 32.5 million pounds (then €40 million; US$58.5 million) for Brazil forward Robinho, and the new owners have suggested they want to challenge Manchester United and Chelsea as the most successful club in Britain.

City, which has already signed England left back Wayne Bridge this month, is considered the only Premier League club with lots of money to spend during the January transfer window.

City, coached by Mark Hughes, is currently 15th in the 20-team league.
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

ummmm "I have already refused important offers," Kaka said

So is he basically saying that Man City's offer isn't important?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Ambrosini must have a rhatid secret for everyone in Italian football. How he is still in the top flight I still can't figure out. Donadoni cut off him head the minute him put him in the Italian team.

Comment

Kaka wants to emulate Maldini ...

"Brazilian ace Kaka has insisted he wants to "grow old" at AC Milan after Manchester City officials reportedly sounded out a move from Italy"
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
        X