New Argentine star being chased by EPL teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Argentine star being chased by EPL teams

<P class=big>River Plate star Gonzalo Higuain insists he does not know where his future lies, as clubs around Europe continue to jostle for position to land him.

Higuain is still considering his international future with Argentina and France his two options, and the top clubs from the latter countryare hopeful they could entice him to play in what could be his adopted home nation.

The player's father played in France during his own career and Gonzalo was born there, which means he has the opportunity to play for Les Bleus.

However, while most of Ligue 1 look into the prospect of signing him - reports continue to suggest that The Premiership could be his next move.

Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool are known to be well aware of the 18-year-old's abilities and are keeping close tabs on his situation.

Leading agent Pini Zahavi already owns half of the player's rights and he will have a major say in Higuain's future - and he has already stated that England would be the best place for his charge.

The player remains open about his prospects - both internationally and domestically.

"For the moment, I am still youngand relaxed," Higuain declared.

"That is not a problem for me to choose between Argentina and France, but I want to do it in a calm atmosphere.

"I don't want to regret it, thinking I have made a bad decision.

"My father advised me not to renounce too early the French nationality because it would help my future as playing in Europe would be easier."

Higuain insists he has no preference about which league he would like to play in.

"I am ready to play for a team in France, Spain, Italy or England," he said.

Meanwhile, ambitious French outfit St Etienne have reiterated their desire to capture Higuain.

Their director of sport Omar da Fonseca hopes Higuain agrees a move to Barcelona, which would open the door for a possible loan move.

"We have been following Gonzalo for a long period," da Fonseca told But.

"But since he has exploded, we can't afford to buy him.

"The best opportunity for us would be a transfer to Barcelona.

"They could loan us Gonzalo, in order to help him adapt to European football."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: New Argentine star being chased by EPL teams

Is this another "next Maradona" who will only flatter to deceive?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
    X