Jose meeting riles Fergie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose meeting riles Fergie

<P class=big>Sir Alex Ferguson claims it is 'ludicrous' that referees' chief Keith Hackett is meeting Jose Mourinho.

Hackett is due to meet with the Chelsea manager to discuss the fall-out from Graham Poll's performance in the champions' 2-1 defeat at Tottenham last weekend.

Mourinho had requested a meeting after complaining about several of Poll's decisions, including a Didier Drogba goal being disallowed and John Terry's sending off.

But Mourinho's Old Trafford counterpart Ferguson is not happy that The Blues appear to be receiving preferential treatment.

He has questioned why Hackett has decided to meet the Portuguese and feels other Premiership bosses would not be treated the same way.

"Now Hackett is meeting Jose Mourinho - Jesus, goodness me, what's going on in this world?" Ferguson told Sky Sports News.

"Does he ever go to meet Arsene Wenger, Rafa Benitez or this old guy here?

"Is there a preference going out to Chelsea because they had a bad decision against them?

"It seems to be absolutely ludicrous that."

Meanwhile, Ferguson admits he was not surprised by Arsenal manager Wenger's touchline reaction at Upton Park last weekend.

Wenger pushed Alan Pardew away following the West Ham chief's wild celebrations to Marlon Harewood's late winner.

Ferguson said: "Nothing surprises me. We're all vulnerable to emotions.

"Sometimes he looks calmer than he really is. He is emotional like everyone is, he's no different from anyone else in that respect."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Jose meeting riles Fergie

Hmmmm....make da mind games begin. Funny how Fergie never have anything to seh 'bout dis thing. Now all of a sudden after de Southend big upset, he wants to find a platform to create a bit of controversy to tek da spotlight off his team. Don't fall 4 it, Mourhino.

Comment

Southend? Dude are you for real? ..... Fergie accepted his defeat and big up Southend. This has nothing to do with Southend bredren.

Mi give yuh props still, at least yuh a try think.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie (11/10/2006) <P class=big>Sir Alex Ferguson claims it is 'ludicrous' that referees' chief Keith Hackett is meeting Jose Mourinho.

Hackett is due to meet with the Chelsea manager to discuss the fall-out from Graham Poll's performance in the champions' 2-1 defeat at Tottenham last weekend.

Mourinho had requested a meeting after complaining about several of Poll's decisions, including a Didier Drogba goal being disallowed and John Terry's sending off.

But Mourinho's Old Trafford counterpart Ferguson is not happy that The Blues appear to be receiving preferential treatment.

He has questioned why Hackett has decided to meet the Portuguese and feels other Premiership bosses would not be treated the same way.

"Now Hackett is meeting Jose Mourinho - Jesus, goodness me, what's going on in this world?" Ferguson told Sky Sports News.

"Does he ever go to meet Arsene Wenger, Rafa Benitez or this old guy here?

"Is there a preference going out to Chelsea because they had a bad decision against them?

"It seems to be absolutely ludicrous that."

Meanwhile, Ferguson admits he was not surprised by Arsenal manager Wenger's touchline reaction at Upton Park last weekend.

Wenger pushed Alan Pardew away following the West Ham chief's wild celebrations to Marlon Harewood's late winner.

Ferguson said: "Nothing surprises me. We're all vulnerable to emotions.

"Sometimes he looks calmer than he really is. He is emotional like everyone is, he's no different from anyone else in that respect."
        Fergie is absolutely right on this one.

...and, that FA guy seen in the media giving opinions on the matter and stating he will have to speak to 'this' and 'that'person is soooooo out of order that he should be suspended forth with. Then he should be called to explain his action....given a 'fair' hearing and his services dispensed with immediately.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

CRAP

what of ther Arsenal Chairman who was on the FA board - is he still on it

Fergie is complaining because the respect he used to get is now reduced and shared - he is no longer on the top of the pile

Comment

What the Arsenal Chairman being on the board have to do with it? I never hear unuh complain when the Livi Chair was on the board.

The man right Balla! Don't twist it.

Comment

Lazie, ""Does he ever go to meet Arsene Wenger, Rafa Benitez or this old guy here?"

Chelsea, has the English core of DARLING players to the English HEART, so if Lampard and John Terry say Poll is biased den u dun know, added to that their Chief (BoyU ex pres), Mourinho and others cASHley Cole....

As the UEFA chief says they need to be taught a lesson with points deduction cause dem laff at money penalties
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

Of course! Mi a hear and read how dem a question JT's red card.It appears dem figet the rules of the game. As a matter since when a player get red card him can guh sit pon the bench?

Comment

He denied making any such statements

Comment

Lazie (11/10/2006)What the Arsenal Chairman being on the board have to do with it? I never hear unuh complain when the Livi Chair was on the board.

The man right Balla! Don't twist it.
                    what livi chair ?

It has to do with everything - conflict of interest etc

here is complaint

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has called on Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein to resign from the board of the Football Association.

Mourinho claims his club is getting a rough deal from the game's governing bodies compared to the Highbury outfit.

He said: "A person who works in the club should not work in the FA. The FA is the FA and the club is the club."

The Blues boss claims Chelsea often play away games after European weeks, while Arsenal seem to play at home.

He also claims Arsenal get to play on Sundays following Champions League outings, whereas Chelsea are forced to play on Saturdays.

After the six midweek dates allocated to group games for the Champions League:

<UL><LI>Chelsea play five away games and one at home <LI>Arsenal play five at home and two away</LI>[/list]

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibtbgf><DIV class=sihf></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

"Some are treated as devils, some are treated as angels," Mourinho claimed.

"I don't think we are so ugly as to be treated like devils and I don't think Mr Wenger (Arsene, the Gunners manager) and Mr David Dein and so on are so beautiful to be treated like angels."

He asked journalists: "After Champions League games Chelsea always have to play away from home and Arsenal are always at home. You have nothing to write about that?

"Or is Jose Mourinho the only one who can look at the fixtures and find something very strange?

"By the way, we play against Arsenal on a Sunday (21 August) which is lucky. That's because it is Arsenal.

"After a national team game (Denmark v England on 17 August) we play on a Sunday because we play against Arsenal.

"I am not the most intelligent person in the world but I am not the most stupid and since I came here I understand things and they don't change.

"These are the facts and now you interpret them the way you want to. It is a fact that every time after a Champions League game Chelsea play away in the Premier League and Arsenal play at home."

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibtbgq><DIV class=miiib><DIV><DIV class=mva> One of the most sensible comments Mourinho has made - Dein should not be working at the FA <BR clear=all></DIV><DIV class=mva></DIV></DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Despite the fact that Dein works with the FA and not the Premier League, which manages its own fixtures, Mourinho is adamant the Gunners vice-chairman should not combine his roles.

Alluding to fines he has received from the FA, he said: "I think with the money I had to pay them last season, they should sign somebody for that job.

"I have a five-year contract with Chelsea. Maybe in 2009 or 2010 - maybe - Mr Dein won't be in the FA any more and I can have a different season.

"Or maybe Mr Kenyon (Peter, the Chelsea chief executive) will be working in the FA. We

Comment

Lazie (11/10/2006)Of course! Mi a hear and read how dem a question JT's red card.It appears dem figet the rules of the game. As a matter since when a player get red card him can guh sit pon the bench?
                      Yuh gwaan llike yuh never si a suspension via a red card overturn yet

What was Terry carded for the second time?

He sat briefly on the bench - this is something I see all the while even in local football - the 4th official having to ask a red carded playing to leave the playing area - so dont behave suh boss

Comment

I'm very well aware of this article. The Liverpool Chairman was on the board until he was replaced the other day. How long was the Arsenal man on the board? Suh how come as Jose join the EPL unuh start ask bout conflict of interest?

Comment

Working...
                        X