• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Humphrey NEXT ON THE LIST

Chris Humphrey

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Chris HumphreyPersonal informationDate of birthSeptember 19, 1987 (1987-09-19) (age 21)Place of birth JamaicaPlaying positionRight wingClub informationCurrent clubShrewsbury TownNumber17Youth career2004—2006West Bromwich AlbionSenior career1YearsClubApp (Gls)*2006—
    2007Shrewsbury Town
    Stafford Rangers (loan)50 (1)
    04 (0) 1 Senior club appearances and goals
    counted for the domestic league only and
    correct as of 12:10, 21 December 2008 (UTC).
    * Appearances (Goals)
    Chris Humphrey (born September 19, 1987) is a English professional footballer, currently with Shrewsbury Town in the position of winger. His name is often mis-interpreted as "Humphreys", but is in fact the less common "Humphrey".
    Humphrey was on West Bromwich Albion's books until September 2006 when his career changed after playing in a reserve team match at Shrewsbury. Shrews manager Gary Peters was impressed by Humphrey's performance and inquired about his availability, discovering that he was out of contract. Two days later Humphrey had signed for Shrewsbury on a free transfer, with Peters joking that he had kidnapped Humphrey.[1]
    Three days after signing, 9 September 2006, Humphrey debuted for Shrewsbury against Lincoln City. On 8 February 2007, and having made 9 substitute appearances, Humphrey's progress had pleased Peters sufficiently to earn him a contract extension until summer 2008.[2]
    In his first season he made a total of 12 league appearances for Salop, all as substitute. On 26 May 2007, Humphrey started for Shrewsbury in the League Two Playoff Final at Wembley. A mistake was made on his shirt, spelling his surname as "Humphery".
    Between November and December 2007, Humphrey spent a month on loan at Stafford Rangers, playing four games. On January 25, 2008, his contract was extended by another year, until the conclusion of the 2008-09 season.[3]
    Late in the January 2009 transfer window it was speculated that a move to Aston Villa was on the cards. A source said: “Villa have scouted Humphrey in his last three games. He’s a Martin O’Neill player – English, young and very quick. “They know that the compensation figure when his contract expires at the end of the season would not be too high, so they are talking about buying him now rather the facing competition in the summer.”

Good work chief scout.

Comment

aaaaarrrrrggghhhhh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lol dunny i better start up this list again

Comment

Originally posted by Naminirt View Post
          Lol dunny i better start up this list again
          I can just see my bredren Mosiah getting angry,You have to find 2 strikers cause me ask the man dem down a yard fi find 2 and dem cant come back with anyone.

Comment

Working...
          X