Forumites - Help required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forumites - Help required

Having watched The Reggae Boyz for the past year, i'm sure you will all agree that we are lacking a creative midfielder in the middle of the park.Someone who can control the tempo of the game can play defence splitting passes a real midfield General.If John Barnes were to give you the job to recruit that special player who would it be?

Fi tell di truut ah ongle one playah mi si weh fit dah description deh trait, an ah Jermaine Hue.

Comment

Dunny, first things first. There is something fundamentally wrong with the tactical executions of Ja soccer. Midfielders are often bypasses by center backs and defenders who thinks its their role to make those defense splitting passes.

Skill players must make skilled passes. Defenders are not usually qualified as the most skilled players on the team so they should not be making passes straight out of the defense to forwards. That is the role of the defensive or holding midfielders. The ball should passed its way upfield giving most players a touch until it gets to the forwards/ attacking midfielder. This is the reason why Ja cannot maintain possession of the ball for any given time.

If you noticed, we produced defenders and forwards, no average midfielders since Tappa. I think Ja missed the boat with Hue, he should have been the natural successor after Tappa.

Now to ansa your question, I like Gardner. Cousins and K. Daley can develop to play those roles as they possess the skill set to grow and be a midifield general.

A quick fix will be to take D. Phillips from the left and play him more central right behind the forwards.
      Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
      Mitty

Comment

Andy done, Hue get a bad deal and the rest in need of development(a lot).

Those players are hard to find in today's football.

It is a pleasure to see the little French man at Bayern.

Look how many high price player them have a Chelsea and not one who can change the ball game?

And who say John Barnes want that kind of player in the middle? He seems like a wing man.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The need for a player like that was glaringly obvious in the Nigeria friendly. we were struggling to keep the ball untill Campbell-Ryce came on, he changed the game imediately by just getting hold of the ball and dictating the tempo of the game.I was quite surprised how well he played in centre midfield.

Comment

Whatever happened to Evan Taylor, the one time I saw him play I thought he played very well.

Comment

Dunny, if Johnny B is looking for a quick fix distributor in the role which you described then I think we would have to call upon Jermaine Hue...remember we're thinking "quick fix" in this instance. Andy Williams could also fill the void...somewhat...but his mind and his body are not fully devoted to international football these days (his wife's illness is at the forefront of his mind). And Richard Langley, while being a capable midfielder, is not quite the "general" one would need in this scenario.

That said, we don't have many established middlemen to take up the baton which Tappa, Twinny Bugs & Hector Wright left behind. Two of our most promising young midfield generals (Kelly & Hyde) have fallen by the wayside. Keith Kelly has sadly not returned to his pre-PSG form, and Lenny Hyde Jr seems to have given up on football.

However, we still have some talent left. Johnny B just have to corral these few and give them the mandate to hone their skills for the betterment of Jamaica's football. Those "few" whom I'm talking about are:
              Akeem Priestly (UConn); Sean Fraser (MFC); Romario Campbell (U20); Joel Senior (HowardU); Shamar Shelton (U20); Michael Campbell (Boys Town);
              and (maybe the best of them all) Keammar Daley (MeadHaven).
              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Evan Taylor is marshalling the defensive midfield position in Duckie's U20 squad.
                "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                  Dunny, if Johnny B is looking for a quick fix distributor in the role which you described then I think we would have to call upon Jermaine Hue...remember we're thinking "quick fix" in this instance. Andy Williams could also fill the void...somewhat...but his mind and his body are not fully devoted to international football these days (his wife's illness is at the forefront of his mind). And Richard Langley, while being a capable midfielder, is not quite the "general" one would need in this scenario.

That said, we don't have many established middlemen to take up the baton which Tappa, Twinny Bugs & Hector Wright left behind. Two of our most promising young midfield generals (Kelly & Hyde) have fallen by the wayside. Keith Kelly has sadly not returned to his pre-PSG form, and Lenny Hyde Jr seems to have given up on football.

However, we still have some talent left. Johnny B just have to corral these few and give them the mandate to hone their skills for the betterment of Jamaica's football. Those "few" whom I'm talking about are:
                  Akeem Priestly (UConn); Sean Fraser (MFC); Romario Campbell (U20); Joel Senior (HowardU); Shamar Shelton (U20); Michael Campbell (Boys Town);
                  and (maybe the best of them all) Keammar Daley (MeadHaven).
                  Yow Farmah,i know a good player when i see one and i personally think Keamar Daley is the one.All the previous Head Coaches have had a look at Hue and for some reason none have had the confidence in him so we will have to put Hue out of the equation.

Comment

I certainly do think that Johnny B should call Dada into camp and groom him for the position.

There is no question about Jerry Hue's talent and ability to make a difference in the ReggaeBoyz's middle. His past exploits in a Jamaican jersey have proven that he has the skill. The "reason" that you alluded to is that Jerry seems to display a lack of urgency during training. That can be a turnoff for some coaches because many do subscribe to the old adage that: it's not practice that makes it perfect but, a "perfect" practice makes it perfect. Under those views, until Jerry brings his scintillating A-game into practice, the coaches will forever ignore him. Adding to that, Jerry is (footballically speaking) coming down the hill!

Comment

I certainly do think that Johnny B should call Dada into camp and groom him for the position.

There is no question about Jerry Hue's talent and ability to make a difference in the ReggaeBoyz's middle. His past exploits in a Jamaican jersey have proven that he has the skill. The "reason" that you alluded to is that Jerry seems to display a lack of urgency during training. That can be a turnoff for some coaches because many do subscribe to the old adage that: it's not practice that makes it perfect but, a "perfect" practice makes it perfect. Under those views, until Jerry brings his scintillating A-game into practice, the coaches will forever ignore him. Adding to that, Jerry is (footballically speaking) coming down the hill!
                      Do you agree with Sickko that Keamar have to move from Meadhaven to fulfill is potential?

Comment

I concur! The fact is I have been following Dada even before MeadHaven reached the DPL. Back when he was playing Manning Cup at JC and Superleague at MeadHaven, I made a post on this forum "bigging up" the player and saying as much that he needed to make the move to one of the top-four clubs in order to hone his skills and gain visibility. Since then he has gone on to showcase his skills for the U20 in Brasil and has also helped to propel MeadHaven into the DPL. Now, even though his team is playing in our top league I still believe he needs to make the move to one of the top-4 teams. However, Sickko was correct in stating that Dada is bounded by loyalty to MeadHaven. I believe he will likely not leave MeadHaven unless it's for an overseas contract.

Comment

No question, Keammar is at the top of the heap. Romario Campbell can also grow to be that player.

Watch Kenardo Forbes of Waterhouse too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He will not go down with Meadhaven if that club is relegated.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I concur! The fact is I have been following Dada even before MeadHaven reached the DPL. Back when he was playing Manning Cup at JC and Superleague at MeadHaven, I made a post on this forum "bigging up" the player and saying as much that he needed to make the move to one of the top-four clubs in order to hone his skills and gain visibility. Since then he has gone on to showcase his skills for the U20 in Brasil and has also helped to propel MeadHaven into the DPL. Now, even though his team is playing in our top league I still believe he needs to make the move to one of the top-4 teams. However, Sickko was correct in stating that Dada is bounded by loyalty to MeadHaven. I believe he will likely not leave MeadHaven unless it's for an overseas contract.
                              I would love to see him get the break he seems like a good youth.I've seen him play once and was very impressed.Last week tuesday i was chatting to the head of recruitment at Bristol City and was trying to convince him that we got some uncut diamond a yard, but they got concerns about getting work permits.That is the difficulty of getting these younger players to play in England.

Comment

Working...
                              X