Ferguson calm despite cup defeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferguson calm despite cup defeat

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3><DIV class=mxb><DIV class=sh>Ferguson calm despite cup defeat </DIV></DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV> <DIV class=cap>Ferguson looks on as his team crash out of the Carling Cup</DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said his side must quickly put behind them the shock 1-0 Carling Cup defeat at Southend on Tuesday.

He said: "We need to look forward, not back. It was a disappointing night but there is no need for a knee-jerk reaction, no mass sackings.

"Maybe there will be a little bit of recrimination and maybe a few of my players will be embarrassed.

"They have to pick themselves up, that is the name of the game at this club."

United fell to Freddie Eastwood's stunning first-half 30-yard free-kick.

And Ferguson said: "I bet he doesn't score another goal like that in his life.

"If you are going to lose, it might as well be to something special like that."

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibStdQuote><DIV><DIV class=mva><DIV id=q1></DIV>There is no harm in defeat providing it improves you and you can learn from it <DIV id=q2></DIV><BR clear=all></DIV></DIV><DIV class=mva><DIV class=mva>Sir Alex Ferguson</DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

"It is a great reminder to everyone at the club that football can smack you in the face.

"I have been here 20 years and I am not impervious to it either.

"In a way, it is great for me because I know tomorrow we can pull our togs on and start working again.

"There is no harm in defeat providing it improves you and you can learn from it.

<DIV class=arr>"We have lost three times this season now, all 1-0, so there is not much wrong with us. </DIV>

"Our form in the league has been good and we will be ready to face Blackburn on Saturday." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Ferguson calm despite cup defeat

See how man accept him defeat like a man? Him nuh fight and complain like Wenger and Jose. Dem need fi learn from the man!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

RE: Ferguson calm despite cup defeat

I guess Fergie can take solace in the fact that our three losses were 1-0 defeats.One of thewrong things is we failed to score.

Last time I checked a win is3 points, a draw is 1 point,and a loss is all of 0..

Blessed

Comment

Working...
      X