Two Portmore players fighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Portmore players fighting

The captain Anthony Modeste and vice-captain Damion Williams- both men have been jawing at each other all through the game and things came to a head in the second half.

They had to be separated by team mates but it appears the ref did not see the incident as none of them were sent off.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

them ketch Fullerlitis?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The ref in Fuller's case erred in my book, so I would not want these Portmore players to be ejected likewise. They looked silly tho!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

how the ref errored? Keyon Dyer and his teamate was sent off at newcastel in similar incident.

Comment

oj that example does not necessarily mean that the ref was right. i'm curious to hear mosiah's explanation.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well, he way I see it, who is the aggrieved party? How does Stoke benefit when one of theirs is sent off?

And where do you draw the line? Should a player be sent off if him tell his teammate bout him modda?

I can see where if you make a public mockery of the event then steps should be taken, but I don't believe in Fuller's or this latest Portmore case it got to that stage.

It has happened all the time in football, and we weren't crying for the players to be sent off. But just because this ref has set a precedent, so to speak, all of a sudden we are in agreeance.

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

raising your hands against a player...does the rules say that it has to be an opposing player?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

If we going to get technical, what does raising ones' hand mean? Should players keep their hands to their sides all the time, like River Dancers?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

in the case at hand was it raised as a river dancer? if it was then your point is relevant...if not...then not!

Comment

I was once sent off for telling a teamate to pass the F@@@@ing ball... so I dont think its has to be directed to the other team..

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                      I was once sent off for telling a teamate to pass the F@@@@ing ball... so I dont think its has to be directed to the other team..
                      It is only direct at the person commiting the action.

If you do the crime, you serve the time!
                      Teammate, opponent, spectator, or match official - matters not. Fuller should have been given marching orders and he was!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                      X