No announcement yet.

Video:John Barnes on international management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the other thing is we do not have a goalie culture....the perception was (and pehaps still is) that only players who have no skills play in goal because "dem can dive" and everyone fanicies themself a skilful player no matter how unskilful they might be.

anology, i play some seven aside here with some english and south american fellows and we play with a 3/4 size goal and everyone rotates in the goal. this encourages shot taking compare a pick up game a played in fl, BIG field 11/12 aside and with a scrimmage goal with a man firmly planted in there!! dem basically have to (and do) dribble down to the goalmouth to take a shot! football, ball to space, man to ball .... dem fellows ALWAYS want to receive the ball in a stationary position...know why? POOR first touch on the move....

what was i talking about again? i figget!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yuh ever dive pon dem tuff grung yet?

Better fields will encourage a goalie culture. In the meantime, there are easy ways to bleach than scraping off your epidermis on some of these fields.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
        Video:
        John Barnes on international management with Jamaica.
        http://link.brightcove.com/services/...tid12729747001
        Excellent!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Give me a break, X! When Johnny talks about us liking flashy players and not appreciating the other parts of the game, that is nonsense. I go to matches every week, and yes, everyone likes the flair player, but if it's all flair and no substance that player is yelled at and told of him mother in no uncertain way.

I think Johnny might be remembering his Georges days a little too much.

Johnny is right when he says we like direct football. Make one back pass just to keep possession and restart the attack and you will also be told about your parts.

So, I guess Johnny is right about some things, but downright wrong on others!
          The problem is the shouts are more often than not 'marring'! ...i.e. although the player being shouted at may be doing something wrong the 'corrections' are too often rubbish! ...'rubbish' being substituted for 'other rubbish'.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Saving goals as consistent a manner as do the top goalkeepers is extremely skillful work!

Comment

I recommend Barnes and Jamie Lawarence autobiography.
              I have not read Barnes' autobiography, but I can say Jamie's is crap. I know he did not write the book himself, but I have never come across a publication in which I was so dissapointed with the quality of the writing. I could not finish the book and finally gave up on it about half way. If anyone here wants it, I would gladly give it to them.

I would never tell anyone that Jamie's book is recommended reading.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

What I like about Lawrence autobiography is how the writer expresses the written language in Jamaican English .It wasn't raw patio but mixed comfortably well like we do on the site everyday.
                I would have no problem if it were written in raw patois. The book seems to have been written by someone who did not finish school and does not have a good command of the English language. I came across so many grammatical errors it was not funny. It was not about writing in patois either X, but either done to undermine Jamie or think they are speaking to us Jamaicans.

When you have a writer write for you, they are supposed to put thing in proper perspective so it can reach the largest audience possible. Writing in patois would be doing Jamie a disservice, as the book was not only supposed to be targeting us Jamaicans, but the larger Great Britain popullation, most who do not understand patois.

I was dissapointed as hell when I read the book.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

i heard a jamaican accent straining to get out .... heheheheheh

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You had a problem with the Jinglish ..lol
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                      You had a problem with the Jinglish ..lol
                      No that was not Jamaican english in any way. It was some poor writing period. The writer did not do justice to Jamie's case. Some of the basics of the language were violated in that person's writing. I was dissapointed for Jamie.

Jamie may not have the education to write the book himself, but he got someone to do it for him. They should have done a much better job for the guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X