Col Ken Barnes died this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Col Ken Barnes died this morning

RJR news said he was ill for a long time and was in his died.

Rest well Colonel and condolences to his family
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

my condolences to the family of the colonel.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Always appeared pleasant!
      RIP!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

True, he was always a gentleman
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

R.I.P. Col Barnes!
          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Colonel Barnes was my personal mentor and a role model for integrity, professionalism, leadership and sportsmanship. He gave a lifetime of service to his adopted country Jamaica. He was the platinum standard for national service. Congratulations on an excellent innings Colonel Ken.

For the newbies who may not know, Colonel Ken represented Jamaica as a footballer, and once captained the national team. I think he also represented Jamaica in squash as well. Amazing natural athlete.

Also, as Chairman of the JDF Sports Board, he also appointed a young officer to manage the JDF Football Team, a Lieutenant Horace Burrell, and was the driving force behind the JDF's capture of the Premier League title in the 1980s.

Rest in peace Colonel Ken!

Comment

RIP

Comment

Thank you for that.

RIP Colonel Barnes.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Rest in peace Colonel Barnes

Comment

RIP Colonel,my condolences to John and the rest of the Barnes family.

Comment

Working...
                    X