No announcement yet.

How three stripes and a cat came about!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How three stripes and a cat came about!

A tale of three stripes and family strife

By Uli Hesse-Lichtenberger
    (Archive)

February 24, 2009
    The other day I finally started reading a quite unusual book. It's unusual because it was written in English by a Dutch woman living in France about a German company-cum-family. It's also unusual because it's currently available under two different titles in English and also under two different titles in German, none of which corresponds to either of the English titles.
    GettyImages
    On the eve of the 2006 World Cup in Germany a statue to Adi Dassler was unveiled in the town of Herzogenaurach by former German internationals (L-R) Uwe Seeler, Horst Eckel and Andreas Brehme.

The reason I had long meant to read this book, first published in 2005, is that I thought it would focus on one of my pet stories as regards German football (and, in fact, the world of sports in general) and would shed some light on a few mysteries.
    Actually, I'm so fascinated by this story that I decided to give it quite some room when, eight years go, I sat down to write ''Tor!'' (Uli's seminal book on the history of German football), even though none of the people involved was a football player, coach or official.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns...europe&cc=3888

Great story, each version is as interesting as the last!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

and less interesting than the next!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

kinda true there too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

lol for a youngster like myself, how did the other versions go?

Comment

Working...
          X