Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose ref rage: He's moaning as United vow to kill off Inter

Jose ref rage: He's moaning as United vow to kill off Inter next time

Jose Mourinho accused the referee of being biased against his Inter Milan team after they escaped with a goalless draw, having been outplayed by Manchester United.
    After the Champions League last 16 first leg at the San Siro, the controversial Portuguese coach said of Spanish official Luis Medina Cantalejo: 'Maybe in the second game we will have a referee who is on our side.'

It was the first bout of mind games with Sir Alex Ferguson, who vowed to finish off the Serie A ders in the second leg at Old Trafford in a fortnight.
    A United team that started without Wayne Rooney dominated Mourinho's team of Italian champions but could not break through.
    Former Chelsea manager Mourinho (pictured) said: 'If we go to Old Trafford and we don't have the same referee - but we have one who will give the away team so much protection - then my team will get to the quarter-final.
    'I don't want to go into details of things like how we didn't have a penalty. Everything was against us, every little detail. You watch how many free-kicks they had and we had. The way we got yellow cards and they did not. I think the tendency was clear.'
    Ferguson, who has now won just one game out of the 13 he has played against Mourinho, immediately rubbished the claims.

The United boss said: 'Is he serious? I saw a marvellous refereeing performance.
    'The referee was not intimidated and Jose would have been hoping he was. But he was not intimidated. He was first class.'
    Ferguson employed a 4-5-1 formation and left Rooney on the substitutes' bench until the 83rd minute, with Dimitar Berbatov handed the lone starting role in attack.
    The United manager is traditionally suspicious of 0-0 away draws in Europe but his team recorded that scoreline in Barcelona last season and went on to make it all the way to the Moscow final where they lifted the famous old trophy.
    Ferguson added: 'There's a disappointment that we have not won the game but with our record at Old Trafford, we should have a great chance. I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

We will be in front of our supporters and I think we have a fantastic chance.'
    Mourinho seemed to disappear the tunnel at fulltime without shaking hands with his old rival Ferguson.
    But Mourinho insisted: 'I have a special dug-out that has a door that allows me to go straight down the tunnel. But I left a 300 euros bottle of wine in his hotel with a card the day before the game. He is my friend and we are close and I will see him at Old Trafford.
    'United do tire you out with their workrate but we can go there with the hope of doing well, scoring and going through. Before the game I would not have said I was happy with a 0-0, but as they had two or three chances to score we can accept it.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo....html?ITO=1490
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Since Saturday, this bredda was all over the media. Now, this is what him have to say? Paul Marin, are you and Jose sharing notes?

This whiner is complaining about fouls ... Manu committed 20 fouls, Inter committed 18, suh what him bitching bout? By the way .. which penalty is he talking about?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Really thought we would win the game, and do so convincingly, we didn't.
      It was nice to see the unsung heroes, (the players that give their all..)O'Shea, Parks, and Fletcher.
      I want to see Nani, Da Silva, Tevez,and Rooney start in the next game.

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        Really thought we would win the game, and do so convincingly, we didn't.
        It was nice to see the unsung heroes, (the players that give their all..)O'Shea, Parks, and Fletcher.
        I want to see Nani, Da Silva, Tevez,and Rooney start in the next game.

Blessed
        Boss mi nah hide and talk ... I'm still disappointed. The amount of chances they got, the second leg wouldn't be necessary. Now the Empire walking a tight rope cause any scored draw put Inter through.

Comment

Me vex too. We could have won by 3 clear goals. I thought Sir Alex waited too long to bring on Rooney while keeping on Berbatov too long. You know I had an earful yesterday from my bredrin bout Berbatov. I think that after the first 15 minutes of the second half, after we weathered the Inter storm, Fergie should have made two changes bringing on Rooney and Tevez to run at the tired Inter defense. If this was an EPL game, Fergie would have gone for the kill. Our makeshift defense stood up well.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            Me vex too. We could have won by 3 clear goals. I thought Sir Alex waited too long to bring on Rooney while keeping on Berbatov too long. You know I had an earful yesterday from my bredrin bout Berbatov. I think that after the first 15 minutes of the second half, after we weathered the Inter storm, Fergie should have made two changes bringing on Rooney and Tevez to run at the tired Inter defense. If this was an EPL game, Fergie would have gone for the kill. Our makeshift defense stood up well.
            Berbatov wasn't the problem. He was basically playing as a lone striker. His game is to drop off and get the ball ... the problem is, when he comes for the ball Park make a bad pass. I don't know who gets me more frustrated ... Nani or Park!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              Boss mi nah hide and talk ... I'm still disappointed. The amount of chances they got, the second leg wouldn't be necessary. Now the Empire walking a tight rope cause any scored draw put Inter through.
              Rub-it-in!
              Did you see the number of chances the GUNNERS made and only scored on the penalty?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The fact that Mourinho is a highly respected former EPL coach has to count for something, Fergie(his decision to move away from the concept that the best defense is a good offense) probably was affected by Mourinho rants,but it was good to confirm that any of the permutations will give a good account of themselves.It is testimony of the unbelievable depth of the squad.
                Mourinho biggest plan is his players will successfully get under Rooney's skin so the striker is ejected.
                I do share your concern, only in the CL(away goal is the culprit)a visiting team getting a draw is hardly a good result.

Blessed

Comment

The thing with Park is that he compensates for his defiencies by working harder than any of his teammates to win back the ball when we lose it. His work rate is unbelievable, and he will run the opponents' defenses ragged, thus setting them up for Rooney, Ronaldo or Tevez. Can you imagine as a defender having to deal with Park for 65 to 75 minutes and then another workhorse like Tevez or Rooney coming on to finish you off?
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Carrick's new name according to an Italian newspaper, "un magnifico Carrick"

Comment

Working...
                    X