Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUNNERS need this man -

Franck Ribéry

Zinedine Zidane called him "a jewel of French football," but Franck Ribery’s impact on the Bundesliga last season was more akin to a bolt of lightning. The supremely gifted France star, who appears to cover every blade of grass whenever he appears, routinely drew gasps of admiration from the crowd – and from his opponents. His pace, energy, skill and precise passing brought him eleven goals last term, as the club’s record signing added a new dimension to Munich and the league as a whole. Ribéry also provided one of the few rays of light in an otherwise substandard Euro 2008 for the French. The international spotlight will often fall on the diminutive trickster in the forthcoming Champions League campaign, and few would bet against him turning in dazzling performances to match.

Position - Midfield

Date & place of birth7 April 1983 in Boulogne (France)

Star signAries

Nickname - Flagada

Height/weight/shoe size1.70 m / 72 kg / 42

Marital status Married (to Wahiba), two daughters (Hiziya, Shahinez)

Education Grammar school

Attributes - A prankster, ambitious, skilled

Hobbies - Home cinema, shopping, eating out with the family

Motto - "Always trust in God"

Previous clubs
    US Boulogne-sur-Mer (2001-2)
    Olympique Alès (2002)
    Stade Brestois (2003-4)
    FC Metz (2004)
    Galatasaray Istanbul (2005)
    Olympique Marseille (2005-7)

Date signed1 July 2007
    Contract until30 June 2011

Career record
    German championship 2008
    German Cup 2008
    League Cup 2007
    World Cup runner-up 2006
    Turkish Cup 2005
    French Cup finalist 2006, 2007
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Good night Karl, u r now an advocate of individualism? )

Blessed

Comment

He's an inspiration to retarded looking people.

Comment

I like his workrate and how he covers for teammates in an end to end manner. He works extremely hard for his TEAM.

btw - Is this the first time you have seem him at work?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, Ribery is a master. There is no question. He has more skill in his little finger than the entire Bayern team put together. I sincerely hope that he does not move to England unless it is to Liverpool. He is still young enough to get a 5 year contract with his next club, but I suspect that he will stay at Bayern for the rest of his career....but I thought that of TH14, so who knows?
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
            Karl, Ribery is a master. There is no question. He has more skill in his little finger than the entire Bayern team put together. I sincerely hope that he does not move to England unless it is to Liverpool. He is still young enough to get a 5 year contract with his next club, but I suspect that he will stay at Bayern for the rest of his career....but I thought that of TH14, so who knows?
            Paul: Why is it you want me to start 'bawlin' at the mere thought he may move to any team in the EPL other than the GUNNERS?

mi dun put David Villa innah wi squad...just need a Ribery
            to 'wrap hit hup'!

Comment

Nothing wrong with being ambitious...but you won't get Ribery...you have arseshavin already and rosicky...two very good midfielders.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

A don't know if Ribery would make it at Pool either as Gerrard personality is bigger than life at Pool in the midfield and he will overshadow anyone who take that position but if not he would be a good fit for your team.

A long time mi talk bout the little man.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                  Nothing wrong with being ambitious...but you won't get Ribery...you have arseshavin already and rosicky...two very good midfielders.
                  Rosicky seems to love getting injuried! Injuried he does not help the TEAM!

Comment

Forget it Karl,we cant afford those high maintenance players.

Comment

yuh si irony.....get rid of a henry to get an henry...dat mek sense? anyway....step 5 successfully completed!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I think we tried but we need an out an out goal scorer and a central defender... could use a ball winning midfielder who could play a little..

Comment

Working...
                        X