Either Aston Villa or Man City to win UEFA Cup 5/1
    Champions League team to win the UEFA Cup 4/1

Free Bets - Bet £5 Get £20 Free.

Fuller: Wants to extend stay
    Related links

Teams
    Players
    Also see

Stoke City striker Ricardo Fuller has revealed his desire to extend his contract at the Britannia Stadium.
    The 29-year-old's current does not expire until 2011 but the Jamaican international is keen to show his long-term commitment to the club.
    The well-travelled frontman - the Potters are his ninth club in a career spanning 10 years - has endured a rollercoaster season to date.
    After five goals in his first 11 league games Fuller was then sent off for slapping his own captain Andy Griffin in the 2-1 defeat to West Ham in December.
    After a three-game ban Fuller returned to first-team action but three games later he fell awkwardly and dislocated his shoulder at Sunderland, but he is keen to extend his stay with Tony Pulis' side.
    "That's my aim. My intention is to show my commitment and dedication to the club," he told The Sentinel.
    "I've got no intention of going anywhere else, I just want to stay here to fight for our survival.
    "People have taken a gamble on me and I feel I have more than repaid that gamble. Life is about gambles in whatever sport or adventures you go into.
    "I like to do good things. I'm not a saint either, but I only wish great things for Stoke City."
    Return

With Fuller set to return to full training as early as next week, he insists that he will be able to play on for a long time yet due to previous spells on the sidelines.
    "I'm a late bloomer because of the injuries earlier in my career. They have cost me loads of time," he added.
    "But at the moment I am very fit and I have been for a while, apart from my shoulder.
    "I want to play a big part in getting good results, scoring goals and creating chances, and I still have loads left in me."
    Despite not wanting to touch on the Griffin incident at Upton Park, the striker did explain why he has sometimes been no stranger to controversy in his career.
    "Sometimes I'm too passionate and too emotional because I always want to win," he admitted.
    "Sometimes that comes out in the wrong way, but that's all in the past and I have learned.
    "Hopefully it comes out in a positive manner in the future and I can't wait to start playing again after his shoulder injury."
    a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Good timing if Stoke stays up, and of course facing relegation, Stoke may be more incline to negotiate a even longer contract with Fuller. Stoke has to stay up though, and apparently Fuller believe they will.

Blessed

Comment

Working...
    X