No announcement yet.

It would not be a bad idea for Ja women to scrimmage against a U-17 male team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would not be a bad idea for Ja women to scrimmage against a U-17 male team

Wonder how the preparations a go fi the gold cup.

T.K. (11/10/2006)Canada....that is no dibi dibi side.....As they say...the harder they come....the harder the fall....one and all.....- T.K.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Wed Nov 22 04:30PM Pacific

Wed Nov 22 05:30PM Mountain

Wed Nov 22 06:30PM Central

Wed Nov 22 07:30PM Eastern

Length: 2 hr 30 minLIVE

FOX Soccer Channel (FSC) - US

CONCACAF Women's Gold Cup - Semifinal 1

Canada vs Panama or Jamaica

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ccffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Wed Nov 22 04:30PM Pacific

Wed Nov 22 05:30PM Mountain

Wed Nov 22 06:30PM Central

Wed Nov 22 07:30PM Eastern

Length: 2 hr 30 minLIVE

FOX Sports World Canada

CONCACAF Women's Gold Cup - Semifinal 1

Canada vs Panama or Jamaica</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

RE: It would not be a bad idea for Ja women to scrimmage against a U-17 male team

The US women's team had a practice game against University of Virginia just before the last Women's World cup - I doubt they will ever try that again so close to a tournament. ESPN was doing a documentary on the team and was taping it. Lets just say the score was not announced and it seems like the game was called off before time to stop the humiliation. That said it's not too bad an idea for the women to play against boys teams but it's probably not to be done so close to an important tournament when you want them healthy and brimming with confidence - better done as part of their regular training.

Richard Williams used to take little Venus to tennis courts and ask for the meanest, most cheatful boy to match her up against... she probably still laughs when she looks across a court and sees some puny chick trying to stare her down...
    SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

RE: It would not be a bad idea for Ja women to scrimmage against a U-17 male team

Siya (11/11/2006)The US women's team had a practice game against University of Virginia just before the last Women's World cup - I doubt they will ever try that again so close to a tournament. ESPN was doing a documentary on the team and was taping it. Lets just say the score was not announced and it seems like the game was called off before time to stop the humiliation. That said it's not too bad an idea for the women to play against boys teams but it's probably not to be done so close to an important tournament when you want them healthy and brimming with confidence - better done as part of their regular training.

Richard Williams used to take little Venus to tennis courts and ask for the meanest, most cheatful boy to match her up against... she probably still laughs when she looks across a court and sees some puny chick trying to stare her down...
      Siya the US women played the U18 Florida men's state champ before the women's world cup in 99 and lost 8-0. I remember awhile back HL said he thought that the US women could beat a local JA squad andI had to drop that scoreline on him. I agree 100% w/ you that it should not be done so close to the tournament. A non-competitive match like that will do nothing for them in the short term.

Speaking of the Williamssisters. Theyused to saythat they wanted to compete in some men's tournament. Men tennis players scoffed at it.The men's player who was ranked #100 at the timetook on each of them in a set anddemolished both of them. When asked if he thought they could compete with men he said not even close.- T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Didn't our women's U20 team play against a boys U17 squad in St Elizabeth or somewhere like that andget a decent result. I was pretty impressed by the young ladies pulling that off... but I don't know if it reflected the strength of the girls or weakness of the boys. I wouldn't like to be those boys after that result was printed though... a nuff cyaad draw
        SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Working...
        X