Arsenal in danger of....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arsenal in danger of....

.....missing CL football next season. Another draw today and with Villa playing Stoke tomorrow means that if Villa wins the Gunners will be 8 pts behind Villa and it might be too much to catch up to clinch that 4th CL spot. This team has had to many problems. Some may say lack of finishing but I watched again today as Fulham came to the Emirates Stadium and controlled most of the ball possession and had far better chances. The back four was caught out by Fulham many times and a better finisher in front of goal wouldve nailed Arsenal today. With every game this team is looking worse. No creativity no major ball possession nothing at all. From a financial standpoint Arsenal can ill afford to miss participation in the CL. It is a major source of the club's revenue. Its the reason the club posted a major profit this yr. With that said...Wenger needs to go.

Warlord,cut the crap

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
      Warlord,cut the crap

You cant tell me that missing the CL is out of the question. Its very possible at this point. How many draws now has it been? and please dont tell me its a matter of not scoring goals. The back four and midfield was very poor vs Fulham. Wenger needs to go. He's taken Arsenal as far as he can.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
        You cant tell me that missing the CL is out of the question. Its very possible at this point. How many draws now has it been? and please dont tell me its a matter of not scoring goals. The back four and midfield was very poor vs Fulham. Wenger needs to go. He's taken Arsenal as far as he can.
        So mr Wenger have become a bad manager overnight?.There is no way Arsenal will get rid of thier biggest asset,with the amount of money he has to spend and the amount of injuries to top players i cant see anyone who could come in and do a better job.

Comment

.....missing CL football next season. Another draw today and with Villa playing Stoke tomorrow means that if Villa wins the Gunners will be 8 pts behind Villa and it might be too much to catch up to clinch that 4th CL spot. This team has had to many problems. Some may say lack of finishing but I watched again today as Fulham came to the Emirates Stadium and controlled most of the ball possession and had far better chances. The back four was caught out by Fulham many times and a better finisher in front of goal wouldve nailed Arsenal today. With every game this team is looking worse. No creativity no major ball possession nothing at all. From a financial standpoint Arsenal can ill afford to miss participation in the CL. It is a major source of the club's revenue. Its the reason the club posted a major profit this yr. With that said...Wenger needs to go.
          I think the precedence has been set that the winner returns!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

So mr Wenger have become a bad manager overnight?.There is no way Arsenal will get rid of thier biggest asset,with the amount of money he has to spend and the amount of injuries to top players i cant see anyone who could come in and do a better job.

Never said he has become a bad manager overnight. I said he's taken the team as far as he can. Its not just this season but over the course of the last couple of seasons. Its just time to move on and get another successful manager wit a fresh perspective. At the rate this team is currently going it wont challenge Man U/ Villa/ Chelsea or Liverpool next season even with a full squad thats injury free.

Comment

Never said he has become a bad manager overnight. I said he's taken the team as far as he can. Its not just this season but over the course of the last couple of seasons. Its just time to move on and get another successful manager wit a fresh perspective. At the rate this team is currently going it wont challenge Man U/ Villa/ Chelsea or Liverpool next season even with a full squad thats injury free.
              I've watched every single minute of every Arsenal game this season so i think i'm in a position to make a honest assessment.The main problem for Arsenal this season has been goalscoring.Adebayor has been disappointing,Bendtner is not good enough yet to be playing every week at this level.The team is lacking consistency simply because it's a young team,with more games and getting experience players like Eduardo,Fabregas,Rosiscky,Silvestre back playing.Put those with Walcott a motivated Adebayor i just honestly believe we are as good as anyone of the top clubs in the league.I still genuinely believe we will finish in the top 4 this season and have a great chance of winning the champions League.

Comment

suh karl...in a season like tihs, would the goals that TH14 scored and the assists he had in his last season as a gunner be welcome?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

TH14 of 2 years before he left would be welcome!

His last two years?

In all likelihood his nonchalance would possible have us at 6th place or below and there would possible be 'backroom brawl' as his 'you guys fetch and carry to me' would have some of these 'think they are better than they are' players pouting. In his last two years the man was not pulling his full weight!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Champions League? Wonder if unuh see Everton closing in on unuh? At this point if unuh mek UEFA CUP unuh lucky.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Now Lazie,thats not very nice.As they say when a man is down keep him down.

Comment

Now Lazie,thats not very nice.As they say when a man is down keep him down.
                        Wait ... this was about being nice? Sorry .. okay then ... when unuh ready fi keep it real .. HOLLA!
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

As my second favourite club, I am disappointed with the Gunners this season. Wegner is stil the best man for Arsenal, but he needs to relent on his stubborness. Here are the changes that they need to make... get rid of these:

William Gallas
                          Eboue
                          Bedtner
                          Abadebayor
                          Rosicky
                          Djouru

He can easily fetch over 50 million for these players combined. Then he needs to go in the market and buy 2 strikers, one big (physically) and one to cover Van Persie and central defender. One holding midfielder ala Gilberto. Overall he needs to increase the size of his squad with quality players.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                            As my second favourite club, I am disappointed with the Gunners this season. Wegner is stil the best man for Arsenal, but he needs to relent on his stubborness. Here are the changes that they need to make... get rid of these:

William Gallas
                            Eboue
                            Bedtner
                            Abadebayor
                            Rosicky
                            Djouru

He can easily fetch over 50 million for these players combined. Then he needs to go in the market and buy 2 strikers, one big (physically) and one to cover Van Persie and central defender. One holding midfielder ala Gilberto. Overall he needs to increase the size of his squad with quality players.
                            Then it must be two strikers and two midfielders and two defenders. The season is long and players do get tired if rest periods cannot be managed as there are no replacement of necessary quality - e.g. Aston Villa!

I would be surprised if Villa does not stumble later as weariness and injury (...possible some caused by tiredness causing players to overwork/overload/have to make lunging...stretching attempts at ball???) do seep in?

Comment

when he left at the HEIGHT of his supposed nonchalance did the gunners make the CL final? did they automatically qualify for the CL for the following season based on the position that they finished in the BPL?

the honest answer to that tells me that you are at step 6.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X