PR Islanders Advance to Semis On Jamaican's Goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR Islanders Advance to Semis On Jamaican's Goal

Puerto Rico Islanders advanced to the semifinals of the CONCACAF Champions League with an upset 1-0 win over the host Marathon of Honduras in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. Puerto Rico won the aggregate 3-1.

Nicholas Addlery scored the winning goal in the 91st minute on a brilliant counterattack. Marathon, needing a 1-0 win to advance on away goals, had the Islanders hanging on for dear life in the final ten minutes.

Addlery took a pass just beyond the midfield line, split two defenders, and fired a low shot past Marathon's goalkeeper.

The Islanders will play Cruz Azul or UNAM Pumas, both from Mexico. Cruz Azul won the first game 1-0 at home. The second game just started.
    Last edited by Bruce; March 4, 2009, 11:26 PM.

Good show of power and finishing by Addlery.

Comment

Good Goal by Addlery. A long time me and Mosiah a talk bout the finishing of this youth. Good to see him a get some TV exposure.

He didn't get much of a chance at Washington DC but hopefully some other MLS team or a decent team pick him up. He is pretty consistent when it comes to finishing.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

His finishing/final ball was not that good when he got his chance at DC United. As TK said, it seemed like he was trying too hard.

Did anyone see the Marathon coach when he gave the assistant coach from Puerto Rico a Kung Fu kick. The man was losing his mind.

Comment

Got few minutes at Vancouver as well.

Always thought he was a perfectionist kind of player - good technique all around. Maybe he was trying too hard at DC.

Overall good yute! Wish him all the best and I hope our coaches will give him a try at the senior level.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You mean "another" try Mosiah? Remember he was called to the national squad during Downswell tenure. I think he played in one or two matches also. Nothing to write home about.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
            X