X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ja under 1 love awready

USA scored in the eighth minute, following the game on matchtracker

Any video link ?
    Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
    Mitty

Half time US 1 Ja 0
    Mitty

Comment

Follow the game tracker here (http://matchtracker.ussoccer.com/)

JA now down 2:0 but seem to be playing better in the 2nd half.

Game in the 79th min.

Comment

Now down 3:0

US scores in the 83rd min.

Not looking good now.

Comment

Game over, we lose 3:0

Again, a poor tactical game by Jamaica. Same mistake made by so many previous Jamaican coaches.

We may still yet make it through but we are now at the bottom of the table with a poor goal difference.

Respect

Comment

Game over 3:0

Back to the drawing board
            Mitty

Comment

Ok massive, our highly touted U-20 youths just picked up 3-0 from un under strength US team that played without Adu and Altidore. As it is now, I have never seen this team play to make my own judgements, therefore, I will not be quick to condemn them. However, I will now reserve my enthusiasm about this team until I see them play some ball or better yet qualify for the World Cup. I am almost sure that possibly one or two of USA's goals were scored after the boyz started pressing forward, so they can be excused somewhat, but they also need to learn to keep down the core line in a loss, when playing these short tournaments as that could be detrimental at the end. Let's hope they go on to qualify because I would really love to see them play this US team again possibly for the championship.

Comment

Such a loss is not surprise. The US has players with better technique and tactics and who are in an environment where proper football is played.

Our youth teams even when qualifying always have a serious problem maintaining ball possession and transitioning from defense to attack (Karl saw these weaknesses in the practice game recently).

We can still beat the other two teams and should beat them. If we do, we will need to get the players into a proper footballing environment to prepare for the tournament. Whether that means trying to get as many of them training at professional clubs for short stints before calling them to camp.....

Comment

Amen

We also need to get youth coaches who are familiar with the highest standard of soccer; Our local coaches just cyaan cut it
                  Mitty

Comment

Next 2 games are must win matches if this team is to advance. I didnt see the game but conditioning and mental toughness could've been a factor seeing that they conceded 2 late goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                      Next 2 games are must win matches if this team is to advance. I didnt see the game but conditioning and mental toughness could've been a factor seeing that they conceded 2 late goals.
                      In Ft. Lauderdale a few days earlier they showed extreme fitness. One other thing they impressed me with was they just never gave up although they were being outplayed.

They kept coming like the energizer bunny! ...perhaps they can wear down the Central Americans and take us to the FIFA U-20 Finals.

btw - They would then be in the CONCACAF play-off for 3rd place.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

3rd place????!!! I am still backing them on emerging as overall winners.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                          3rd place????!!! I am still backing them on emerging as overall winners.
                          3/6/2009 U-20

17:00 Honduras vs. El Salvador
                          19:00 Jamaica vs. USA

3/7/2009 U-20
                          16:00 Mexico vs. Costa Rica
                          18:00 Trinidad vs. Canada

3/8/2009 U-20
                          16:00 El Salvador vs. Jamaica
                          18:00 USA vs. Honduras

3/9/2009 U-20
                          17:00 Canada vs. Mexico
                          19:00 Trinidad vs. Costa Rica

3/10/2009 U-20
                          17:00 Jamaica vs. Honduras
                          19:00 USA vs. El Salvador

3/11/2009 U-20
                          17:00 Costa Rica vs. Canada
                          19:00 Trinidad vs. Mexico

3/13/2009
                          U-20Semifinals

3/15/2009
                          U-20Final and third-place match.

-----------------------

You are right we could end up playing the US again.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                          X