A TnT supporter speaks of T'dad's U-20 TEAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A TnT supporter speaks of T'dad's U-20 TEAM

...using words I would like to be able to use in the same sentence when describing our youth and senior teams.

Cohesion
    Fitness
    Heart
    Often we have not had to be concerned about fitness and heart...but that extremely important COHESION...that presents the visual representation of TEAM is what I have seen missing much too often.

Going back in my minds eye the nearest I have seen any of our TEAMs play TEAM was on our 1998 run when we met the USA in Washington DC at the RFK stadium in 1-1 tie...and a pre-Hex stage match in 2002 against El Salvador, in El Salvador, when in the final analysis we failed to make it to the Hex. Honourable mention a match at the Orange Bowl, Miami, Florida when we drew 0-0 against Brazil in a Gold Cup match.

The problem for me is those were 1st steps...taken eons past, where is the progress?

Talent abounds! So what prevents the advances in play?

My conclusion?
    The ability...the expertise of the teachers/coaches is where we should look. How is it our football bosses cannot provide a fix?

PS: I saw great fitness and manificent heart from our U-20 team at the Ft. Lauderdale Sports Complex. Unfortunately I saw a tremendous lack of cohesion....save an except a brilliantly taken set-piece play that led to our goal and a win.

When will we learn that defeating our CFU minnows and the CONCACAF 'also rans' is not it?! Playing TEAM and running with the big football countries and showing we belong is the only thing that matters!!!!
    Last edited by Karl; March 7, 2009, 10:10 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    ...using words I would like to be able to use in the same sentence when describing our youth and senior teams.

Often we have not had to be concerned about fitness and heart...but that extremely important COHESION...that presents the visual representation of TEAM is what I have seen missing much too often.

Going back in my minds eye the nearest I have seen any of our TEAMs play TEAM was on our 1998 run when we met the USA in Washington DC at the RFK stadium in 1-1 tie...and a pre-Hex stage match in 2002 against El Salvador, in El Salvador, when in the final analysis we failed to make it to the Hex. Honourable mention a match at the Orange Bowl, Miami, Florida when we drew 0-0 against Brazil in a Gold Cup match.

The problem for me is those were 1st steps...taken eons past, where is the progress?

Talent abounds! So what prevents the advances in play?

My conclusion?
    The ability...the expertise of the teachers/coaches is where we should look. How is it our football bosses cannot provide a fix?

PS: I saw great fitness and manificent heart from our U-20 team at the Ft. Lauderdale Sports Complex. Unfortunately I saw a tremendous lack of cohesion....save an except a brilliantly taken set-piece play that led to our goal and a win.

When will we learn that defeating our CFU minnows and the CONCACAF 'also rans' is not it?! Playing TEAM and running with the big football countries and showing we belong is the only thing that matters!!!!
    Visiting at the FIFA World Championships is not enough. Visiting and playing poorly is failure! We have done that 3 times already 1998, 1999 and 2001. Only visiting and doing well/playing well is acceptable. Visiting and proving we belong is it!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Visiting at the FIFA World Championships is not enough. Visiting and playing poorly is failure! We have done that 3 Only visiting and doing well/playing well is acceptable. Visiting and proving we belong is it!
      Clearly you believe in this point very strongly.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
        Clearly you believe in this point very strongly.
        Yuh seit?
        What would be the point of my kids not advancing beyond where I have been? Should I not pass on the important things I have learned that promote success? ...and point out pitfalls of which I have personal experiences - whether 'real' personal experiences or experiences gained vicariously?

Comment

Karl, while I understand your desire to see our boyz playing in the WC and holding their own, I think you are putting the cart before the horse. I believe that before we can talk about Jamaica beating teams in a WC finals, we first need to be rgularly making these finals. We are not yet at the stage where we can be considered a football powerhouse in CONCACAF. Right now we are battling with the likes of Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica having the edge for third place in CONCACAF. We are not there yet, but I think we are on a fast-track. I think that we will go very far this year in the Gold Cup.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            Karl, while I understand your desire to see our boyz playing in the WC and holding their own, I think you are putting the cart before the horse. I believe that before we can talk about Jamaica beating teams in a WC finals, we first need to be rgularly making these finals. We are not yet at the stage where we can be considered a football powerhouse in CONCACAF. Right now we are battling with the likes of Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica having the edge for third place in CONCACAF. We are not there yet, but I think we are on a fast-track. I think that we will go very far this year in the Gold Cup.
            I am speaking about being coached to play well! Matters not if we are playing 'John-Tom' or St Kitts or Brazil...or even Ardenne's 2nd form? Just play well and as if the TEAM was coached!

...horse or cart does not enter that being taught to play well!

Comment

Visiting at the FIFA World Championships is not enough. Visiting and playing poorly is failure! We have done that 3 times already 1998, 1999 and 2001. Only visiting and doing well/playing well is acceptable. Visiting and proving we belong is it!

The problem is we dont get there that often. We must first start by getting there consistently then build upon that platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                The problem is we dont get there that often. We must first start by getting there consistently then build upon that platform.
                You have it wrong!
                You must start being coached to play good TEAM game and then you shall get 'there' consistently!

I wonder if you have recently considered why we went to school?
                Consider this: It is at 'school' - early in life and the 'life school/school of life'' which one continuously attends - where we learn how to 'play' with the big boys.

We need for our talent - talent abounds - good teachers! ...a great school environment. That shall have us progressing to play with the big boys and show we belong!

Turning up in 6th form or the 'school of life' without the excellent foundation is 'a planning for fustration' and a recipe for certain disaster! Turning up at the CONCACAF play-offs...or later at the FIFA World finals without that good foundation is...
                Last edited by Karl; March 9, 2009, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X