JFF's next move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFF's next move

Now that we are out of contention for World cup for the senior and junior teams, JFF need to make some immediate and important steps to plan for the future.
    Tappa has shown that he can get the job done, at least in friendlies...Barnes should be totally focussed on developing young talent. If he doesn't like that job, his contract should not be renewed. Here is a grand opportunity to shiff focus to development at the grass root level. That's where we'll need it for 2014.

I say let Barnes focus on that or bring in someone with the experience to focus on develping the youths. We don't need to talk about money/cost as the same money that's being use to pay Barnes should be used to pay the person in charge of youth development. In addition, I'm sure somone can lobby Bruce and the JLP to spend some money on this as it would definitely help keep youths of the streets (reduce crime, improve social development, etc)

I await Burrell's next move
    I hope we here realized that so far Burrell has failed....no excuses

Not Barnes for youth development.
    We need an administrator. Someone who can take what we have and get that up to producing at maximum potential.

Long ago I suggested going to Freddie Green. The same Freddie Green who gave me my start at formally learning about football.

Freddie is -
    Retired head of Mico Teachers' College (now Mico University) Physical Education Dept;

Retired Director of Sports, UWI;

Retired Secretary, ISSA;

Trained at the University of Leeds, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Leeds ).

Tit-bit: Freddie Green as Captain of Kingston College Manning Cup team in a year when there was no coach...coached the team and won the Manning Cup (1940s. - I think '49).

Freddie will take the present coaches at all levels and teach them how to teach...while at the same time teach them the game. Freddie is a teacher of teachers.

He is also an extremely good organiser. He is a former head of the JAAAs and former starter at Champs and other meets. Founding member of the JAVA.

Yup! What we need is a teacher of our football teachers aka coaches. Someone who can organise all-island...through all levels...development of coaching. Institute a registration system for and of coaches and players...and a system to track players outside of the island (inclusive of our locals who go to youth entites, college and professional settings abroad).

Leave coaches of the men national senior team out of the mix. Leave that (those) most senior of our coaches to concentrate on the REGGAE BOYZ only!

All the others must be mandated to continuous go through the Freddie Green led system of perpetual training. ...dead sure, as he did at Mico, Freddie will have *overseas technical experts come in for seminars.

*e.g. He would get for our coaching teacher-training system -
    FIFA
    National coach trainers from developed football nations
    Arsenal Academy (i.e. top club technical experts)
    etc.

&

coach exchanges with some of the entities.

Wonder if Freddie would accept?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

i don't think that physically freddy can or should take on such a massive and stressful project at this time.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        i don't think that physically freddy can or should take on such a massive and stressful project at this time.
        Maybe you are correct...but he looked very good when I saw him in October. I'll send pics.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

i believe that he had heart problems some years back and may be wearing a pacemaker...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You are stuck in the 1970s, Freddie can barely move faster than at a shuffle and you recommending him for this job....I saw him last week and the previous three weeks before that and he is not moving any faster
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Freddy is not it.

Next candidate!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Times have changed and advanced, Karl. When was the last time Freddy did a refresher course in MODERN football?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

here is a name... J Barnes...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                    You are stuck in the 1970s, Freddie can barely move faster than at a shuffle and you recommending him for this job....I saw him last week and the previous three weeks before that and he is not moving any faster
                    OK!
                    ...but the person does not have to be a runner...
                    ...just a 'brains' for the job!

Comment

will it be stressful? raise blood pressure type stressful?

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        Times have changed and advanced, Karl. When was the last time Freddy did a refresher course in MODERN football?
                        He, I am sure, is following the changes every day.

Aside: I think all those young coaches have tons of refesher courses in MODERN football...

...& do we need to point out they have been crashing and burning our young talent?!

...butyou miss the point - What we need is someone to get the job of the 'how to teach' and the information on MODERN football to our coaches all across the island and to those in charge of our junior national teams. An administrator who knows the how of 'what is needed' and 'the how of getting the needed done'!

Comment

Working...
                        X