No announcement yet.

This is why I don't like Darth Vader...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why I don't like Darth Vader...

I just found out him and Dick Cheney a bredda. Anyway, you didn't hear him complaining last year - did you? That's hypocrisy and I have no respect for it. I admire his accomplishments, but have little respect for the man.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=3888

Sir Alex boycotts TV interviews in kick-off protest

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson reportedly refused to give television interviews toSky Sports before or after Saturday's crushing 4-1 defeat to Liverpool in protest at the kick-off time.

Fergie congratulates Rafa after the game.

Liverpool had an extra day to prepare for the crucial match at Old Trafford, which kicked off at 12.45pm on Saturday, having played Real Madrid on Tuesday evening. But United did not play Inter Milan in their Champions League tie until Wednesday evening, meaning Rafa Benitez's side were presented with extra recovery time.

The defeat was United's heaviest on home soil since Queens Park Rangers handed out a 4-1 thrashing on New Year's Day in 1992.

Sir Alex Ferguson is no stranger to boycotting television station, having not spoken to the BBC since 2004 following a documentary which investigated his son Jason's business dealings as a football agent.
    The match was always likely to have a lunchtime kick-off due to the intense rivalry of the two teams involved, though it is thought Sir Alex wanted the game to be played on Sunday to give them an extra 24 hours recovery time.

In 2006-07, the match was played on a Sunday following a round of Champions League games. On that occasion United had played FC Copenhagen on the Tuesday with Liverpool playing Bordeaux on the Wednesday.

When Ferguson did speak, he remarkably claimed United were the better side.

"It is a hard one to take because I felt we were the better team," he said. "That is not reflected in the scoreline and quite rightly, when you win 4-1 you get all the plaudits. I can't deny that."

"H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

So are you saying he doesn't have a point?
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

A pretty objective friend of mine said that Liverpool played an awful second half, but the goals just kept coming. He thought they seemed content to sit on the 2-1 halftime lead and didn't do much in the second half, except score more goals.

I can understand that. Certainly, none of the Liverpool goals came from a series of passes around the field. But Liverpool always had a very direct style. It certainly worked for them on Saturday!

YAY!
      Last edited by Mosiah; March 16, 2009, 07:07 PM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Paul sometimes yuh must put your emotions aside.

"There are two things I'd like to say. Firstly, congratulations to Liverpool for winning with an emphatic score, but I think... it is a very flattering score.

"For big spells in the game, Manchester United dominated but they made mistakes on the day that usually they don't do. Some players looked a bit mentally tired." (Arsene Wenger).
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Emotion? Hmmm... I have always thought the man is a hypocrite, what's emotional about that?
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

What point? an extra days rest? boo hoo Man U..Sir Alex by now you should REALLY know what all big boys know; life isn't fair...deal with it! If you ask me Fergie is the real "Xcuse".
            Last edited by Peter R; March 17, 2009, 01:55 AM.
            Peter R

Comment

I heard the Geoffrey Maxwell (St George's ) on the radio in defeat by Boys Town yesterday (15th March)...was way more eloquent and gracious than Fergie could dream of being. "Pride comes before a fall" and it's coming Fergie, it's coming...
              Peter R

Comment

Working...
              X