How to kick a penalty...scientifically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Sweet Jezas in heaven!!! Are you freakin' serious!?!?!

the goalkeeper may move sideways along the goal line prior to the kick.

Says nothing that he must be in contact with the line!!!

Good Lord, save us from Karl!!!
    "along" in this case = "on"

Come Mosiah let us not try to change "The Laws". That job rests with the IFAB and FIFA!

btw - I hope you have not changed the word in your mind to along-side? ...or think that the goalkeeper must move along with
    the goal-line
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      "along" in this case = "on"

Come Mosiah let us not try to change "The Laws". That job rests with the IFAB and FIFA!

btw - I hope you have not changed the word in your mind to along-side? ...or think that the goalkeeper must move along with
      the goal-line
      Wha yuh seh Karl the keeper can only slide along the line don't?

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        NO, THEY COULD NOT!!!! They had to remain still until the ball was kicked! Geez, Karl! Makes me wonder...!
        Nonsense! At the very least there was never any call or rule for being motionless sans 1968!

I think there may have been the wording "stand on"...but it always had to do with as the ball was being put into play.

...and before there is any reference to "at the whistle" or "before the ref blows the whistle"? ...or even a suggestion that the ref must blow his whistle? ...or any whistle by anyone...let none of us go there?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Nonsense! At the very least there was never any call or rule for being motionless sans 1968!

I think there may have been the wording "stand on"...but it always had to do with as the ball was being put into play.

...and before there is any reference to "at the whistle" or "before the ref blows the whistle"? ...or even a suggestion that the ref must blow his whistle? ...or any whistle by anyone...let none of us go there?
          If you still have a copy of the Laws from before 1997, be sure to keep it. Even though the book was rewritten, only a few substantive changes were made. The major changes were: scoring permitted from kick-off and goal kick, ball does not have to move its circumference to be in play on a kick restart, keeper can't handle throw in from a teammate, and the keeper may move along the goal line at a penalty kick.
          This is getting pathetic

Comment

Working...
          X