This is my final comment on the Brad Friedel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is my final comment on the Brad Friedel issue

I watched the incident again on tv last night in slow motion. The ref did what he thought was correct, however, the tv replays showed that Brad did nothing wrong to warrant a red card. Before anyone start arguing with me, I would suggest that he go back and watch the video. Torres overkicked the ball before he got inside of the 18 yard box. Brad, as the goalkeeper, came out to meet the ball in a straight line (that's his job). Torres turned on the speed with the defender closing in very fast at an angle to cut off his route around the goalkeeper. Whether or not Friedel got hold of the ball, if he did not take evasive actions, he could have been seriously injured by Torres. Neither Torres nor Brad could have prevented the clash. It was NOT a professional foul. The ref did not have the benefit of a slow motion camera as the tv audience did. Justifiable action - rescind the red card.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

thank you very much sah.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Okay - but do you think it was a foul or not?
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        I watched the incident again on tv last night in slow motion. The ref did what he thought was correct, however, the tv replays showed that Brad did nothing wrong to warrant a red card. Before anyone start arguing with me, I would suggest that he go back and watch the video. Torres overkicked the ball before he got inside of the 18 yard box. Brad, as the goalkeeper, came out to meet the ball in a straight line (that's his job). Torres turned on the speed with the defender closing in very fast at an angle to cut off his route around the goalkeeper. Whether or not Friedel got hold of the ball, if he did not take evasive actions, he could have been seriously injured by Torres. Neither Torres nor Brad could have prevented the clash. It was NOT a professional foul. The ref did not have the benefit of a slow motion camera as the tv audience did. Justifiable action - rescind the red card.
        What does a professional foul have to do with anything? Was it a foul? If your answer is yes the next question is was Torres denied a clear goal scoring opportunity because of said foul? If the answer is again yes then a red card is the only option available to the referee

Comment

The answer to your questions - NO FOUL. The collision was an accident and the play should have continued, or it could have been stopped by the ref to determine if there was any injury to any of the players.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            The answer to your questions - NO FOUL. The collision was an accident and the play should have continued, or it could have been stopped by the ref to determine if there was any injury to any of the players.
            Who had control of the ball at the time of this "accident"?

Comment

disagree 100%....an accident can be a foul (e.g.dangeorus play)....this was not red card foul but a foul and a penlty no doubt.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Nobody had control of the ball
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  Nobody had control of the ball
                  Oh I see so Torres didn't get to the ball before Friedel and flick it around him? Interesting.

Comment

I mean does it matter if it was an accident or not? Den you have Assassin seh Torres never have control of the ball. This just get's more bizzare

Comment

Why is it a foul after how I describe the incident? Brad came out of his goal in a straight line to block/save/collect the ball. Neither him nor Torres was in control of the ball 5 seconds prior to the collision. While in a stationary position on his knees, he twisted his body to the right to reduce the impending impact of the collision. How is that a foul?

Comment

How did the ball get past Friedel? By magic? Who has the ball?

Comment

You still sticking to your story?

Comment

What control means?
                            None of them had control of the ball at that point.

As I said the penalty was a hard one but a judgement call by the ref but the red card was very foolish.

Comment

what that suppose to show?

look at the complete video.

Comment

Working...
                              X