Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eureka! Changes in the law - Positions at Penalty Kicks

1996 Law XIV - The Penalty Kick
    The new text states "The goalkeeper remains on his own goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts until the ball has been kicked". The phrase "without moving his feet" has been deleted.

Players who enter the penalty area before the ball has been kicked need not now be cautioned.

http://www.fifa.com/classicfootball/...storylaw3.html

Never could not move! It was never motionless! It was on his own goal line "without moving his feet"!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

therefore he can now move his feet and in so doing move along (ALONG = ON) the goal line to either side for as long as he wants before during and after the kick!!!!

lot of goalies dive forward to cut down the angle.

YES we observe both legally doing so and illegally so doing

The point is, by Law the goalie must remain on the goal-line between the goalposts until the ball is kicked!

The defending goalkeeper:
    must remain on his goal line, facing the kicker, between the
    goalposts until the ball has been kicked.

- Laws of the Game - 2008/2009

Last edited by Karl; March 26, 2009, 01:45 PM.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

PENALTY LICK TAKEN FROM Laws of the game, 2008/2009 -

2008/2009

Law 14 - PENALTY KICK

A penalty kick is awarded against a team that commits one of the ten
      offences for which a direct free kick is awarded, inside its own penalty
      area and while the ball is in play.

A goal may be scored directly from a penalty kick.

Additional time is allowed for a penalty kick to be taken at the end of
      each half or at the end of periods of extra time.

Position of the Ball and the Players
      The ball:
      • must be placed on the penalty mark

The player taking the penalty kick:
      • must be properly identifi ed

The defending goalkeeper:
      • must remain on his goal line, facing the kicker, between the
      goalposts until the ball has been kicked

The players other than the kicker must be located:
      • inside the fi eld of play
      • outside the penalty area
      • behind the penalty mark
      • at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the penalty mark
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

eureka?!!! nuh everybody a tell yuh fram whey day yah?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Never could not move! It was never motionless! It was on his own goal line "without moving his feet"!
          Lawd help me. If mi ever buck up Karl a ref one a my game dem ban from di league fi life. Karl one needs to move one's feet to be able to move along the line doesn't one? What are you eurekaing about? I posted that exact same quote in the other thread ages ago. I am worried for you health Karl. I have seen dementia creep on slowly but never at this swift rate

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
            Lawd help me. If mi ever buck up Karl a ref one a my game dem ban from di league fi life. Karl one needs to move one's feet to be able to move along the line doesn't one? What are you eurekaing about? I posted that exact same quote in the other thread ages ago. I am worried for you health Karl. I have seen dementia creep on slowly but never at this swift rate
            Ooops!
            It was posted earlier.

...but someone said before that the goalkeeper could not move? ...akin to remaining motionless?

That is not true. The goalkeepers at times tried to 'fake out' the kicker by swaying from side to side and making all manner of armwaving motions!

...and could always stand anywhere on the goal-line between the goalposts (ie. more to the right or left or in the middle of the goal).

Comment

...but someone said before that the goalkeeper could not move? ...akin to remaining motionless?

That is not true. The goalkeepers at times tried to 'fake out' the kicker by swaying from side to side and making all manner of armwaving motions!

...and could always stand anywhere on the goal-line between the goalposts (ie. more to the right or left or in the middle of the goal).
              Karl let's recap:

Originally posted by Bricktop
              although the goalkeeper may move sideways along the goal line prior to the kick.

That is not a change! They could always do that from my time!
              Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              NO, THEY COULD NOT!!!! They had to remain still until the ball was kicked! Geez, Karl! Makes me wonder...!

Comment

jesus high in glory, lend a listening ear....KARL!!!!!????

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  jesus high in glory, lend a listening ear....KARL!!!!!????
                  R a ss bwoy! Mi never see it suh yet fram mi bawn!

Karl say it was never motionless! As if somebody had suggested that the goalie should stand on his line, frozen, like a wooly mammoth, until the ball is kicked!

If a laff tidday a pop-up!!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                  X