Shelton should never win a penalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelton should never win a penalty

If we follow Jangle's logic, then why bother with speedy players?

By the time he reached the ball (2 seconds before impact), the odds were 60/40 in Brad's favour. If you go back to the YouTube video and hold the play on the 1:05 mark, you will see what I am trying to explain to you all. Torres did not have control over the ball when it went into the 18 yard box. Brad was already down to collect the ball.
    Shelton always appears to have to have lost the ball, but with his quickness and long legs, he manages to win back quite a few of his overdribbles. And we all know his first touch history.

But if we follow Jangle, Luton should pull up on those encounters and allow the goalie or the defender to get the ball.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

No need. Because when Shelton get's to the ball the goalie will have 60/40 odds in his favour

Comment

With Shelton's poor first touch, it's more like 80/20. Suh you know is straight red him fi get, even if him win di ball!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

if you notice Shelton rarely get any penalty. When you play kick and run down it is harder to get penalty than when you dribble like Ronaldo with the ball stuck on your foot.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh mean like how the ball was stuck on Torres' foot?

I know Shelton should have won a penalty aganst ManU the one time he played against them, doh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So why didn't he win it? There was way more contact on Shelton that Friedel ever think about in this Torres case. Now you see the inconsistency.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Both were penalties.

Clearly, inconsistencies exist. Karl, with all his badges, says he would not have called a foul against Brad!

Amazing!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I said was a judgement call by the ref but neither was a RED CARD offense.

Comment

Put away the red card issue when it comes to Torres and Friedel. There was no red card offence and it was rightly rescinded.

If I remember correctly, though, whoever fouled Shelton should certainly have picked up a card for that, and it should have a been a red!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

my anger on the issue is that a keeper can get a red card for pretty much approaching the player in a correct manner and try to evade a collision and get a red for it. The ref in the premier league is very inconsistent on what is a penalty. Just a week ago I saw a a defender bring down a man inna the box and the ref looked in a different direction.

truth be told the MLS ref them has been better than the EPL refs of late

Comment

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                      X