RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOOTBALL: Duckie, Hyde fired; Barnes could be next.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOOTBALL: Duckie, Hyde fired; Barnes could be next.

FOOTBALL: Duckie, Hyde fired; Barnes could be next.

Coaches Donovan Duckie and Lenworth Hyde yesterday paid the price with for the country’s Under-20 team’s failure to qualify for the Under-20 World Cup finals in Egypt later this year. Both coaches were yesterday fired by the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) with immediate effect.

President of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), Captain Horace Burrell made the announcement at a meeting held with the staff at the JFF Offices. The decision he said was made following the recommendation of the Federation’s Technical Committee, which was instructed to examine the reasons for the team’s failure to advance to the country’s second World at this age group. Based on the report, Captain Burrell said he had no choice but to act.

“People in charge must bear the brunt and face the consequences of their performance. Football is about results not about emotions,” Burrell said after announcing the decision.

He added that his decision was consistent with the one taken in October 2008 to sever ties with former Technical Director Rene Simoes following a draw in Canada and loses to both Mexico and Honduras in the World Cup qualifiers. Those performances he said were not satisfactory and a decision had to be taken.

To further cement his point that such decisions are in keeping with the business of football, Burrell made reference to former Chelsea coach Felipe Scolari who was dismissed by the English Premier League club in February for ‘poor performance’.

National head coach John Barnes could be fired in short order as well.

Burrell told Radio Jamaica that he is now "trying to talk to Barnes but is unable to find him". Barnes' last stand in Jamaica was the Digicel Caribbean Cup in December. He took charge of Jamaica's team in a 0-0 draw against Nigeria in February but only turned up in Jamaica for his father's funeral two weeks ago.

Burrell did not say he would be fired, but the tone and timing of his statement suggest that it's just a matter of time.

TAKEN FROM JAMAICAWIN.COM.
    Last edited by Karl; March 27, 2009, 10:29 AM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Finally!!! But it was a bit too late

I don't have a lot of time these day but I will say this.

The U20 team was struggling in the qualification round before the final round of games. This could very clearly be seen from anyone watching these games. And yes, these were games against Caribbean teams!!

D. Duckie was not of sufficient quality as a coach to develop the team and properly lead this team. Reports from team practicies were shcokingly poor for what we would expect for international standard youth development.

So, the firing was correct but a bit too late.

The one thing that Duckie is correct about is that Jamaica needs a Technical Director for the whole football program.

Comment

Well we need to get rid of some of the badmind coaches in Ja.
      Instead of them helping the program them can only criticize anybody else who is coaching a team.

Without our coaches working togather, now of them will not achieve any prominence or respect. Duckie failed and a time for him to go but if our coaches don't decide to work togather our program will never go forward.
      A little birdie(Shatta cousin) tell me Barnes had to address the JFF bout the sideline coaches who want too much influence at a early stage.

It is not just Duckie failed, it is the JFF and Jamaican football.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        National head coach John Barnes could be fired in short order as well.
        Unnu believe mi now when mi tell unnu say mi wield considerable influence?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

dust off the suit them. The way how things a go you could be next in line for national duties.

Comment

why? hasn't he produced? or is it the ub40 thing.....why would he want to fire barnes?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Burrell told Radio Jamaica that he is now "trying to talk to Barnes but is unable to find him".
              Every reporter in the world is able to get hold of Barne's but Burrell can't? Why don't we just end this damn charade. Them gonna mekl up one bag a story fi slander di man name but his reults speak for themselves. Better dem jus talk di truth and seh dem nah nuh money fi pay him

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                ....why would he want to fire barnes?
                He, or me?

Yes, the UB40 thing is an issue with me.

Surprise!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Fiyah di man weh bring back some respect to di programme, dem aright or ah joke ting dis.

Comment

Our football federation is one big joke

Comment

Working...
                    X