RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul's still-frames Plus! Proof Friedel commited no foul!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    It don't even matter. Brad realised he was going to get beat to the ball, so he could try and avoid, rotate, pirouette, kin-puppalick, squirm outta di way, it nuh matter!

Brad is a good goalkeeper, maybe even great. One of the things that separates the good ones from the shot stoppers is assessing whether one should leave the goal line and how far out. It's a science without them even knowing it, as they measure the "speed across ground" (puke!) of the opponent, their own acceleration, the distance and the prevailing crosswinds, the football's speed, its deceleration, its acceleration, the friction of the turf, just to name a few.

Brad screwed up these calculations, calculations he normally gets right. He never carried the 1, this time and got frigged! He knew it, and being the perfectionist he is, instead of going for the ball and missing it, he squirmed away as a vampire with a malfunctioning clock.

Result? PENALTY!

What if Bard had stopped on his "6 yard line" ...let's assume either standing or kneeling...and Torres had done his same act turned the ball around Brad and ran over him?

Now, no foul by Brad?

The fact is Brad had established his position and Torres ran over him!
    ...or are you going to know ignore Paul's photos and mine and claim it was who Brad ran over and through Torres?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      are you going to know ignore Paul's photos
      You mean like you are?

Comment

It's all relative, Karl. If Brad had stopped on his 6 yard line, long before Torres had reached there then maybe he would have got the benefit of the call. But you can't move into the path of the player, trying to get the ball, not get it and then claim you are stationary, or motionless, whether or not you make yourself into the tightest human ball possible. Even if Brad did make him motionless a the time of contact, it would be a foul against him. You can't just run into the path of a player and then freeze and expect the call. It will never happen! Not in football. Try Basketball!

Karl, that play will always be called a foul. I challenge you to point to another call, whether in the past or in the future where the goalie did/will get the call when involved in a similar situation.

I can bet you good money on this. You will never see the goalie get the benefit in such a situation.

Give it up!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

...or are you going to know ignore Paul's photos and mine and claim it was who Brad ran over and through Torres?
          Don't put words in my mouth. Never said Brad ran over anyone. That is not the point. You don't have to be the "run over man" to be guilty of a foul.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Don't put words in my mouth. Never said Brad ran over anyone. That is not the point. You don't have to be the "run over man" to be guilty of a foul.
            You're right!
            You're right!
            You're right!

...but you do have to commit some act to be guilty of a foul!
            It is as clear as day Brad hit no one! ...or blocked anyone! ...or coommited any penal offence!

What then was Brad's act?
            Lining up behind the ball and then turning his face and upper body away from a bodyslam? ...and that's a foul? ...a penalty? ...and a red card?

Give me a ffffffing break!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl,

If I ever commit murder in cold blood with 50,000 eyewitnesses, caught on video, with a smoking gun in my hand I AM GOING TO HIRE YOU to defend me! Figget bout Johnnie Cochran (RIP) wannabes...
              Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                Karl,

If I ever commit murder in cold blood with 50,000 eyewitnesses, caught on video, with a smoking gun in my hand I AM GOING TO HIRE YOU to defend me! Figget bout Johnnie Cochran (RIP) wannabes...
                Better yet, hope he is the judge

Comment

Lining up behind the ball and then turning his face and upper body away from a bodyslam? ...and that's a foul? ...a penalty? ...and a red card?

Give me a ffffffing break!
                  and it will be a foul every freaking time once the attacker beats him to the ball.

wanna bet?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Karl, do me a favour and answer the questions. I will answer yours afterwards, but to get to the bottom of this, you have to go in a straight line. This will never end unless you start to play fair. Now please, answer each question HONESTLY.

Thanks,

PM
                    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Karl,

Right on sir!
                      Right on...

"What then was Brad's act?
                      Lining up behind the ball and then turning his face and upper body away from a bodyslam?"

and one other minor but significant detail...falling over into the attacker's path
                      ....shhh , did I say that?

By the way Karl, I challenge you to revisit the video, the one that shows the view from the back, i.e. from behind Friedel's net... if you look carefully, you will see that when Torres touched the ball, the touch that was inside the box, Friedel WAS NOT YET down on his right knee... it was the act of continuing to go down on his knee that brought him into the path of the attacker who HAD CLEARLY beaten him to the ball..and then Friedel continued to tumble over to his right!! into the attacker's himself. Friedel had established NO position... and the implication that Torres deliberately fell over Friedel is simply ludicrous when there was nothing between the attacker and the goal but thin air...and then a shoulder bowling him over.
                      Last edited by Peter R; March 30, 2009, 10:03 PM.
                      Peter R

Comment

Pedro - don't bother with Karl yaw, him just being foo'-foo'. He will NEVER let the facts get in the way of his assertions.
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Turned upper body and face AWAY!
                          ...even as he made self as small as humanly possible!
                          Karl - he turned upper body and face AWAY??? What sh** are you chatting??? The man moved INTO THE PATH OF TORRES. He might have been trying to protect himself, and he may even have been trying to turn away, but he ended up blocking the striker. Please, look at these two pictures again. JUST TO BE CLEAR, the TOP ONE COMES FIRST in the time sequence. Which direction was Friedel moving in at the time of impact? Left to right or right to left? Please Karl, you are looking madder and madder with each successive post. Friedel practically body-checked the man. Come on man, come clean and lets move on.

Respec'

PM

friedel-torres-4.jpg
                          Last edited by Paul Marin; March 30, 2009, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Karl originally stated that TORRES did not touch the ball in the penalty area. His story changes by the minute. That picture clearly shows FRIEDEL falling to his right and impeding TORRES in the process. Karl just keeps using big words and long sentences in the hope of getting you confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                              Karl originally stated that TORRES did not touch the ball in the penalty area. His story changes by the minute. That picture clearly shows FRIEDEL falling to his right and impeding TORRES in the process. Karl just keeps using big words and long sentences in the hope of getting you confused.
                              "...in the hope of getting [me] confused"!!! Karl just confusing himself!!! Poor ting. Age is a wicked ting (although me howl to', but not dat far gone tank god )

Comment

Karl will see the very thing that we all see and say a nuh suh it go. Amazing!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X