The Best of Karl - The Friedel Top 10 edition

• The Best of Karl - The Friedel Top 10 edition

1. Sure he touched the ball 22 = 28 yards from goal...and again when the ball was "under Friedel's arms". – Karl
      -
    2. It appeared to me that Torres' right may have come into contact with the ball 3' to 5' before Friedel! That in my book is 'under Friedel's arm pits'! - Karl
      -
    3. The ball ran away from Torres and he was in a chase to get it. It was within playing distance of both himself and Friedel when he slammed into Friedel. - Karl
      -
    4. I just said Torres touched the ball under Friedel's arm. - Karl [Not sure if this was after he slammed into Friedel or not]
      -
    5. He gets to the ball knocks it pass the kneeling Friedel - Karl [NOTE: Is before or after it was under his armpits]
      -
    6. ...last [touched by Torres] before HE was under Friedel's arms...occured 22 - 27 yards out!!! - Karl [Okay - he was under Friedel's arms with the ball? Not sure? Hmmm ]
      -
    7. Actually I thought Torres at the last moment also took evasive action! - Karl [Please Lord, help me understand I'm not following...maybe he was going to hid under Friedel's armpits? ]
      -
    8. The photo shows he was touching the ball for the 2nd time as he preparing to do that fake hanging of trailing leg and following contrived fall! – Karl [Presumably while he was under Friedel’s arm pits? I'm not getting this!!! ]
      -
    9. One man jumped straight up to attempt gathering the ball...one man kneeled to attempt gathering the ball. - Karl [I am not sure if the man jumped straight up while he was under the other man’s arm pits, or if the man kneeling jumped straight up into his own armpits; maybe they just jumped into each others' arms? No? ]
      -
    10. ...and for your information the goalkeeper and the attacker were right in front of goal! - Karl [I'll never get it will I?? ]

Karl, you are priceless.
    Last edited by Paul Marin; March 31, 2009, 02:33 AM.

Have you passed this on to Karl's care-givers?

oh dear lord....!!!!

unnuh memba when karl managed to ban himself from the forum? mi belly.....WHOIIIIIII....

When you go back through my bredrin Karl's posts and read them, you will bend over in a belly laugh when you see how he contradicts himself. It is fantastic reading

Pretty consistent on that "arm pit" point isn't it! ...and similarly on the facts and the conclusion!

No Foul!
          No Penalty!
          No Expulsion!
          http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...805#post157805
          Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

ah WEAK!!!

It's not funny, Gamma.

Karl, how can you read these DIRECT QUOTES and not check yourself in to a mental institution? My personal favourite:

It appeared to me that Torres' right may have come into contact with the ball 3' to 5' before Friedel! That in my book is 'under Friedel's arm pits'! -

Yes it is If we can't laugh about it we will go mad

It's all making sense now - isn't it?

Yes it is If we can't laugh about it we will go mad
                      On this board you had better be able to laugh!

btw - The FA certainly went down my path...with that rescinding of the "red card"!

...and the FA's action certainly said - Brad Fiedel committed no sending off offense!
                      Right?

Now I wonder if Paul's assertions fall under the heading of "sending off offenses"?

Well let us all before we go mad!

Karl, how can you read these DIRECT QUOTES and not check yourself in to a mental institution? My personal favourite:

It appeared to me that Torres' right may have come into contact with the ball 3' to 5' before Friedel! That in my book is 'under Friedel's arm pits'! -
                        Paul take a look at 3 feet...then 4 feet...then 5 feet?

OK!
                        ...now stand at the beginning of a line 3 feet long and put your arm outwards?

Very, very near to you that end of the line isn't it?

4 feet?

Still very, very near - under your arm wouldn't you say??

5 feet?

Still very, very near - still under your arm, wouln't you say?

OK!

in rescinding the red card did they say it was not a foul or did they say it was not a sending off offence...2 distinct issues in my mind!

Paul take a look at 3 feet...then 4 feet...then 5 feet?

OK!
                            ...now stand at the beginning of a line 3 feet long and put your arm outwards?

Very, very near to you that end of the line isn't it?

4 feet?

Still very, very near - under your arm wouldn't you say??

5 feet?

Still very, very near - still under your arm, wouln't you say?

OK!
                            Karl, 3'-5' is a heap of distance, unless your name is King Kong!! Here is an experiment to help you see it the way it is. Stand facing a mirror without your shirt on, lift up one of your arms, look at your armpit, now ask your self what kind of beast could fit both Torres and a football under there?

Nuff said.

in rescinding the red card did they say it was not a foul or did they say it was not a sending off offence...2 distinct issues in my mind!
                              It would appear so...excepting if it was thought Friedel commited a foul the only ones he could have been thought to commit under those circumstances would be ones punishable by a sending off and direct free-kick (and seeing it was in the penalty-area, a penalty).

So rescinding the 'explusion' suggests - the FA's thinking a penalty was not warrented.

see "The Laws - xii on Fouls and Misconduct - Sending off offenses".