Arsenal's Henry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arsenal's Henry

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#f7f7f7 colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR bgColor=#f7f7f7><TD align=left>Saltman<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1> you know the numerous times i have argued, that Henry needs to adjust to this current arsenal side, and find his role in with this team and lead them. and that while it is all good and dandy and highly appreciated, what he has done for us before, and saved us on numerous occasions (which you love point out) in reality that has little to do with NOW! Maybe just maybe, Henry himself saying the exact same "nonsense" i have been uttering, means I might have had a point all along.
    Please take note of some of the words and phrases I highligted from Henry, and guess what, it's exactly what I have been saying all this time!

[QUOTE}HENRY ADAPTING TO NEW ROLE
    Posted 14/11/06 15:11

Thierry Henry feels he has grown into the role of leading the Arsenal front line as a lone striker.

The brilliant Frenchman has this season often been deployed by manager Arsene Wenger at the head of a five-man midfield - and to great effect.

Henry, twice a World Cup finalist, accepts it has required taking on a different approach to his game with the Gunners - after he had for so long played off the superb talents of Dennis Bergkamp.

With the likes of Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor, Dutchman Robin van Persie and England youngster Theo Walcott also ready to support their captain when needed, Wenger certainly has plenty of potent weapons in his squad.

"It is different now," reflected Henry, who has netted six goals so far this season.

"When we used to play 4-4-2 I had another role - now I have to learn to wait, keep the ball."

The Arsenal captain, 29, added: "I know when you play 4-5-1 it is not always down to you what happened.

"You have to do a bit more for the team; you are in the box less, and that is something I have to put in my mind.

"When you play one up front it is not an easy game.

"I have to put in my mind sometimes that is the kind of game I am going to have to play.

"When you play like that you need to make sure you do not lose the ball early, to make sure you join the game and you shield it.

"It is not really my type of game - but against Liverpool, I showed I can adapt to any kind of situation.

"That is what I have to do to make the team win."[/QUOTE]

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1...683442,00.html

I sure this all sounds familiar huh? yet you blast me and chisel for being "crazy arsenal fans" who are not appreciating what Henry has done in the past...to which the reply consistently was, it's not that his accomplishments for the club are not appreciated, but that he needs to adjust to this current team, and figure out his role with them, in order to lead them to greatness. Sure seems like Henry has realized/is realizing the same thing..... <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffcc colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffcc><TD vAlign=top align=left width="18%"><A name=000001></A>cruyff14
    <SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1 type=text/javascript><!-- var avline = avatar_line("http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/3681/gerrardtacklesneville8vu.gif"); if(avline) { &#100;ocument.writeln(avline + "
    ") } // end if// --></SCRIPT>

</F
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Arsenal's Henry

including sell him nuh true? yuh really is a pnp man to ****!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Gamma (11/15/2006)including sell him nuh true? yuh really is a pnp man to ****!!!
      Let's see how many titles we win this season?

...and, yes! ...on looking at that 'pool match again I saw wherehe did put in a little more work on the defensive and offensive end in the 1st half of the match than I first thought! Good for him...he says he is becoming more TEAM! We'll see?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl you wan' two **** lick yu see! - T.K.
        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

T.K. (11/15/2006)Karl you wan' two **** lick yu see! - T.K.
          Wonder if Lazie and Gamma are foaming at the mouth?

Comment

Fi wha? Thierry Henry, possibly the GREATEST player to play in the EPL, (Eric Cantona may have something to say about that,) has been carry Arsenal on his back for years. One thing is certain, if the S H I T hits the fans, Wenger know who him can turn to.

Karl, is long time we see that objectivity isn't one of your characteristics.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

<DIV>What's to pat yourself on the back about? Just because he sees that he might have to play more defence does not mean that he wasn't playing TEAM before.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>If you want to take this as proof that you were right along, Karl, run wid it!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lazie (11/15/2006)Fi wha? Thierry Henry, possibly the GREATEST player to play in the EPL, (Eric Cantona may have something to say about that,) has been carry Arsenal on his back for years. One thing is certain, if the S H I T hits the fans, Wenger know who him can turn to.

Karl, is long time we see that objectivity isn't one of your characteristics.
                Well it seems to me that the man realises he must play more TEAM! What say you?

Comment

.. and he hasn't been playing team all along? Why must you commit blasphemy Karl?
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Mosiah (11/15/2006)<DIV>What's to pat yourself on the back about? Just because he sees that he might have to play more defence does not mean that he wasn't playing TEAM before.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>If you want to take this as proof that you were right along, Karl, run wid it!</DIV>
                    Well Mosiah, I also heard something being said by one of the commentators that I missed while watching the live broadcast - The commentator made mention that Henry never tried (my words - tried for TEAM) at times.

So if others are seeing where the 'big man' could do evenmore for TEAM, who is likle mi?

Comment

Working...
                    X