Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterhouse vs Tivoli is currently

on FSC.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Oh Lord. Mi hope nuh goat nuh run pon the field.

Comment

LOL

Croskill and Co. mut be drunk or never see him play yet, bout Tuffy Anderson is the consummate professional and they are surprised to see him acting that way to the referee.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        on FSC.
        Really horrible.... at least the last 15 mins was.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

It was no better before that.

Usual bushman tackling, hand flinging all over, foot to forehead clearance, poor passing and control (although partially due to the bumpy outfield).

It is really sad that many of the players on display had National Caps.

Comment

The little stadium looking quite nice, good surprise, bigger than what I have seen in some lower div clubs in England.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
              It was no better before that.

Usual bushman tackling, hand flinging all over, foot to forehead clearance, poor passing and control (although partially due to the bumpy outfield).

It is really sad that many of the players on display had National Caps.
              Yes the surface was horrible.... especially the bounce!! It's like green painted, uneven concrete!

Hard for ballers to develop on surfaces like that... or for a decent game to be played.

Embarrassing.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                The little stadium looking quite nice, good surprise, bigger than what I have seen in some lower div clubs in England.
                wish that the field did it justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                  wish that the field did it justice.
                  Wish that there was on display consistent attempt to play football! ...TEAM!

It was awful! ...what are those supposedly 'teachers' doing! ...and to think there was a national coach clearly visible directing one team

btw - Changed the channel before the...fear of being disgraced before a 'world audience'...but returned when my fellow Massive, Tilla called. I then stayed to the bitter end. ....unfortunately my fears were realized...utter crap!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    Wish that there was on display consistent attempt to play football! ...TEAM!

It was awful! ...what are those supposedly 'teachers' doing! ...and to think there was a national coach clearly visible directing one team

btw - Changed the channel before the...fear of being disgraced before a 'world audience'...but returned when my fellow Massive, Tilla called. I then stayed to the bitter end. ....unfortunately my fears were realized...utter crap!
                    Poor control, poor passing .. yet unuh talk bout talent abounds?
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Karl, while the game and field werent up to standard, as we are spoilt from watching premier league matches, La Liga, ect (especially afta watching Champions league yessiday), there are positives we can extract from the game. We just have to look pass the lack of infrastructure and focus on the players potential and ability in spite of the challenges.

Tivoli did exhibited some formation and spacing while attacking and the goal was well conceived and executed.
                      The players are strong, well built, fast, and skillfull, so there is hope for the future, even wid de bumpy field.

The culture of accepting mediocre infrastructure and den exposing it to de worl like its a sign of progress has to be change.

If the teams cyaan tek care of a grass field other options should be explored.

I locked myself in my bedroom (fearing if one a mi pickney see it dem aga shout, DADDY!!! WHA KINDA BOOTLEG FIELD DAT" ) and watched the game to the bitter end
                      Last edited by Mitty; April 9, 2009, 11:35 AM.
                      Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
                      Mitty

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        Poor control, poor passing .. yet unuh talk bout talent abounds?
                        You would have noticed, excepting for Lamy, that there was evidence of good touch. It matters not that we are all born with the gift that enables absorption of the curriculum (whether English, Mathemetics, Track or Football) if the teachers are themselves ignorant or poor or for whatever reason never expose the kids to the subject matter...the kids cannot, matters not the talent, just cannot progress! Desired progress cannot and will not happen!

Our football teachers are **************** poor.

Upgrade the teachers...invest in and make the teachers TOP OF THE WORLD standard and even while the fields remain as crapy as they are the talent shall florish!
                        Last edited by Karl; April 9, 2009, 11:53 AM.
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mitty View Post
                          Karl, while the game and field werent up to standard, as we are spoilt from watching premier league matches, La Liga, ect (especially afta watching Champions league yessiday), there are positives we can extract from the game. We just have to look pass the lack of infrastructure and focus on the players potential and ability in spite of the challenges.

Tivoli did exhibited some formation and spacing while attacking and the goal was well conceived and executed.
                          The players are strong, well built, fast, and skillfull, so there is hope for the future, even wid de bumpy field.

The culture of accepting mediocre infrastructure and den exposing it to de worl like its a sign of progress has to be change.

If the teams cyaan tek care of a grass field other options should be explored.

I locked myself in my bedroom (fearing if one a mi pickney see it dem aga shout, DADDY!!! WHA KINDA BOOTLEG FIELD DAT" ) and watched the game to the bitter end
                          Mitty: I am with you there. If you noticed I am more upset with the 'teachers' than with the pupils!

Comment

damn... we are so harsh on ourselves... i share your view on the stadium...

i thought the game wasn't as bad some of our forumites are making it out to be...

it clearly was not premier league and my expectation was set accordingly...

both teams... i thought the players were quick and strong... some exhibited excellent skills... some poor decisions and good ones were made... that is to be expected on this level because some players just aren't as good as the others they are playing with...

its not like the epl where 95 % on each team of the players are national calibre...

i believe we should set our expectations correctly... for the jamaica football that i used to know, we've made strides all around...
                            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

PMU, HVIEW and Sporting Central are the only "football-plating teams" in the DPL. W'house, and the rest are jus sum marauding wild bulls who jus chase the ball like primary school kids. When I saw that the match would be on FSC, I was disappointed knowing they were going to embarass us.

Comment

Working...
                              X