Oliver Shield Revamped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    Suh because we see the problem, that mean others cannot put forth solutions? Again, you're all thinking at the schoolboy level ... I'm starting before that.

As head of the JFF every parish league would be scraped. There would be the NPL, an islandwide D1 and D2 competition. We would have to work out how to promote a new team into D2 after others have been demoted.

The parish FAs would be responsible for youth development. Each parish would have maybe 3 or 4 coaches that would run clinics from an early age of maybe 6 or 7, teaching the kids the basics .. control, passing, heading etc. Each parish should run youth leagues starting at maybe the U9 level. At a certain age group, these youth leagues could be interparish competitions.

From here the players with potential could be monitored. This way it is centralized, by each parish, not by the hundreds of high schools.

The top players would continue moving through each youth league and as the man in charge of football it would be a rule that players playing in these leagues CANNOT play D Cup or Manning Cup. Now as a fan, would you rather watch mediocre players in the schoolboy leagues or the better players in the parish leagues?

If the academy does exist, the top players throughout the island would be pulled into the academy.
    3 or 4 coaches?

Lazie: Leave sports and teaching alone. Duh mi a beg yuh!
    If you start with a nonsense idea...anything that follows on from that nonsense will be a waste.

3 or 4 coaches? ...as opposed to the alternative of total number of schools having a number of coaches trained to teach "the subject" at the appropriate age group?

If that nonsense idea by Lazie was not about the future of our children I would laugh myself to death! ...as it is about our kids I'll
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      Lazie, I agree with your blueprint up to a point. I disagree with: "as the man in charge of football it would be a rule that players playing in these leagues CANNOT play D Cup or Manning Cup." I think you need to separate schoolboy football from the national development of the sport, which is the JFF's responsibility. However, the JFF can use schoolboy football to HELP develop the sport, but not the other way around. How can you say to a learning institution that they should do away with a sport, which is part of their curriculum? The popularity of schoolboy football is not a fault of the schools, so why should they be punished or conform or be burdened with the national development of the sports. The schools seek their own sponsorship and run their own programs and competitions. Until the JFF can come up with a working plan to move the sport forward, then, they can work with the schools, but they must know their place.

I saw, in another post, where you asked the question about other footballing powers. I'll use England as an example. We cannot compete nor compare with them in terms of our football. I don't know if they even have inter-school competition (Dunny can answer that question). However, if you flip the sport to say, track & field, you will see where England is looking at the Jamaican model of inter-school competitions to help move the sport forward, nationally. The bottom line is that we have to use our resources wisely, but I don't think scrapping schoolboy football will advance our national program. In fact, I think scrapping it would be detrimental.
      What you all are forgetting is that this method has not worked and WILL not work. This is madness, the JFF is responsible for Jamaica's football yet a high school PE teacher isn't answerable to the JFF? Some of these PE coaches are not football enthusiasts, their preferred sport maybe t&f, cricket, hockey etc.

I think what you all need to do is put the sentiments and emotions aside and take an objective look at the bigger picture. If the end game is to come here and mek up noise bout Munro, Cornwall, KC and Calabar .. then by all means .. forward wid school boy football ... but if we want to be challenging on the international stage then we need fi change course.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        yes England have schoolboy football. In England many youths graduate at 16 so thy can play ball or do A levels or college. Many players go from schoolboy to pro including kevin Nolan who talk about school. John terry and Lampard went to school at least till they were 14.

Schoolboy football is a recruiting ground for local club in England so Lazie can gwaan talk. School boy football must be encouraged. Lazie just vex that it has more support than even the DPL in Jamaica.
        Careful, I never said the boys shouldn't go to school. Terry is a product of Chelsea's youth system, Lampard is a product of west ham.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          3 or 4 coaches?

Lazie: Leave sports and teaching alone. Duh mi a beg yuh!
          If you start with a nonsense idea...anything that follows on from that nonsense will be a waste.

3 or 4 coaches? ...as opposed to the alternative of total number of schools having a number of coaches trained to teach "the subject" at the appropriate age group?

If that nonsense idea by Lazie was not about the future of our children I would laugh myself to death! ...as it is about our kids I'll
          Okay Karl!!

Comment

[quote=Lazie;160014]What you all are forgetting is that this method has not worked and WILL not work. This is madness, the JFF is responsible for Jamaica's football yet a high school PE teacher isn't answerable to the JFF? Some of these PE coaches are not football enthusiasts, their preferred sport maybe t&f, cricket, hockey etc. [/ quote]

Forgotten?
            That is the reality that the JFF has to confront...create the program to overcome and include the steps to move us forward to putting more quality trained 'teachers of "the Subject" in the schools.

...but that is but a apart of the reality the JFF faces. The second and third parts are respective i) the Parish FAs & Confed FAs and ii) the national programs.

What is so hard about attacking the problems at every levevl all at the same time? Is it the JFF must have Burrell or 10 JFF persons or 100 JFF persons working in a coordinated manner rto come up with the plans and solve problems? ...or is it about getting the teachers and their professional arms, the past students, the doctors, the physical therapists, etc. coming together and working along with the JFF as the already in place model of our T&F?

What is difficult about that? ...does the JFF find it so hard to "think"! ...look at the reality of our past 100 or so years and what we have reaped from that...when compared to World Football...and then to decide what is needed and work towards that? What the ra@##$$$ is so difficult about that?

...or is it about an egomanic or some egomanics at the JFF deciding that every single last advance must come through or point directly to him or them...therefore kept the football underdeveloped and every last step 'forward' will bring personal glory?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

...and Lazie: You would not want 3 0r 4 teachers of math or each science subject or any other subject in each Parish would you?

...or 3 or 4 teachers of any subject matter in each Parish? ...would you really want that?

I think not!

...so why the 3 or 4 teachers of football for the vast army of kids?

You do not think we can just look at each kid at birth and decide this one for mathematics, this one for science or this one for track or this one for cricket or this one for football? ...do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                ...and Lazie: You would not want 3 0r 4 teachers of math or each science subject or any other subject in each Parish would you?

...or 3 or 4 teachers of any subject matter in each Parish? ...would you really want that?

I think not!

...so why the 3 or 4 teachers of football for the vast army of kids?

You do not think we can just look at each kid at birth and decide this one for mathematics, this one for science or this one for track or this one for cricket or this one for football? ...do you?

Karl .. today is April 12th not April 1st.

Comment

Yes at age 14 they went in the system. In England you graduate at 16 not 18 so do you think they played football in school?

England have a fairly vibrant school football system.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    Yes at age 14 they went in the system. In England you graduate at 16 not 18 so do you think they played football in school?

England have a fairly vibrant school football system.
                    Good .. we don't need to go down that path. These players are going into club academies at 14 looking to break into first team football at 16 ... 17. Meanwhile in Jamaica players at the same age are STILL involved in schoolboy football.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                      Karl .. today is April 12th not April 1st.
                      I am so happy you have come to your senses!

Comment

Why does the discussion have to break down to this level with you, Lazie? Let's have a mature discussion about this.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          Why does the discussion have to break down to this level with you, Lazie? Let's have a mature discussion about this.
                          Breakdown with me? Yuh cannot be serious. Yuh asked a question and I answered ... all I'm getting is emotional responses from Karl and Sass. If you see that as a breakdown on my part ... then yuh obviously missing something.

Comment

ok, sah.

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                            X