Diarra: I learnt nothing from Arsenal and Wenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diarra: I learnt nothing from Arsenal and Wenger

Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra claims he learned ''nothing'' from Arsene Wenger during his unhappy four-and-a-half-month stint at Arsenal.

The 24-year-old joined the Gunners in August 2007 from Chelsea but was offloaded the following January to Premier League rivals Portsmouth.

Twelve months later his stock had risen considerably, and he moved on to Spanish champions Madrid for a fee of around 20m euros.

Now seemingly settled in the Spanish capital, Diarra looks back on his time at the Emirates Stadium far from fondly.

When asked by Spanish newspaper El Pais what he had learned from Wenger, the France international replied: ''Me? Nothing. I did not learn anything from Wenger. He just taught me to doubt everything. The relationship I had with him was not good.

''You cannot understand the whole world. I respect the way you train, but I learned more with (former Chelsea manager Jose) Mourinho. Mourinho taught me to fight. I spoke looking into his eyes.

''If you had a problem, it would be discussed. Wenger never addressed me until I told him I was going. He talked to others, but not me. I feel like I never played for Arsenal.

''If people do not remind me of them (Arsenal), I forget about them. It's erased from my memory.''
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

he must be the only one. Impatience will be that kid's downfall

Comment

How much did he expect to learn in 4 months?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Diarra + Real Madrid = "match made in heaven"...they are perfect for each other.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

That sums up what a person Diarra is.Thats the reason why Arsene Wenger got rid of him so quick.Bad apple

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra claims he learned ''nothing'' from Arsene Wenger during his unhappy four-and-a-half-month stint at Arsenal.

The 24-year-old joined the Gunners in August 2007 from Chelsea but was offloaded the following January to Premier League rivals Portsmouth.

Twelve months later his stock had risen considerably, and he moved on to Spanish champions Madrid for a fee of around 20m euros.

Now seemingly settled in the Spanish capital, Diarra looks back on his time at the Emirates Stadium far from fondly.

When asked by Spanish newspaper El Pais what he had learned from Wenger, the France international replied: ''Me? Nothing. I did not learn anything from Wenger. He just taught me to doubt everything. The relationship I had with him was not good.

''You cannot understand the whole world. I respect the way you train, but I learned more with (former Chelsea manager Jose) Mourinho. Mourinho taught me to fight. I spoke looking into his eyes.

''If you had a problem, it would be discussed. Wenger never addressed me until I told him I was going. He talked to others, but not me. I feel like I never played for Arsenal.

''If people do not remind me of them (Arsenal), I forget about them. It's erased from my memory.''
            im mussi di dunce bad?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              im mussi di dunce bad?
              Karl, read the article again. The man said Wegner did not deal with him did not talk with him etc, etc. How can a teacher teach if he aviods the student? There is a saying "until the student has learned, the teacher has not taught".
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                Karl, read the article again. The man said Wegner did not deal with him did not talk with him etc, etc. How can a teacher teach if he aviods the student? There is a saying "until the student has learned, the teacher has not taught".
                Easy yuhself Tilla .. too many a dem quick fi react wid dem emotions.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

True, but to call the man dunce without considering the situation? I am not saying I am in agreement with the player for making the statement however.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Diarra is a youth that haven't got any patience,he came to Arsenal and expected to walk straight into the team.No time fi di youth too arogant.

Comment

no.. just impatient..

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                        Oh I read it!
                        ...and while the teacher is giving out instructions to the class and he/she must make time to include and involve all...have all interacting in the learning process...it is strange that a member of the class could be there seeing and observing...hearing and taking part in the exercises - (repetitive exercises in training and playing actual matches) - and still end up not learning?

mi seh hit once! Mi seh hit ha-gen, di bredda dunce, bad!
                        Last edited by Karl; April 14, 2009, 10:13 PM.
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                          Easy yuhself Tilla .. too many a dem quick fi react wid dem emotions.
                          React with emotions?
                          Ofcourse. Emotions precede rational thought! ...or you are one who believe that you are not constantly - (constantly = every minute of your life) reacting to your enviroment on either the subconscious level or both i.e simultaneously, the subconscious and conscious levels?

Oh I read it!
                          ...and while the teacher is giving out instructions to the class and he/she must make time to include and involve all...have all interacting in the learning process...it is strange that a member of the class could be there seeing and observing the teacher's demonstrations as he works with others and or the entire TEAM...hearing and taking part in the exercises - (repetitive exercises in training and those in playing actual matches) - and still end up not learning?

Mi seh hit once an mi now seh hit ha-gen, di bredda dunce, bad!
                          Last edited by Karl; April 14, 2009, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X