Wenger plays Fergie mind games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wenger plays Fergie mind games

Arsene Wenger believes his Arsenal side have the upper hand going into their Champions League semi final, second leg clash with Manchester United on Tuesday.

Despite a first-leg deficit of 1-0 to overcome after the first leg at Old Trafford last week, Wenger maintains his side are “in a position to win”.

And the Gunners boss says his previous experiences in the competition combined with the belief he has in his players will see them through the tie.

“It’s our time now,” the Frenchman was quoted as saying in the Daily Star Sunday.

“We keep our nerve and we win. We won’t crack.”

Wenger continued: “We got impatient and then we got caught on a set-piece.

“It’s a lesson learned. Now we are in a position to win. Can we do it? Of course.

“I have experienced a Champions League semi and I am sure United will suffer a tough time at the Emirates.

“We know we have to score two goals against United and not many teams have done that. We believe we can do it.

“This is special. This is not The Premier League. If we go 1-0 up then they become under pressure. Score again and they are out.

“I believe we can do it. The whole squad believe that.

“Everyone was bitterly disappointed after the first match. We believed we should have won.

“They started sharper then us, then collapsed in the final 20 minutes. Their goal punished us, but we were away from home.

“We will score so they have to score. When we were a penalty down in Rome we still made it.

“We held our nerve. We will do it again. We lost a 21-game unbeaten run against United.

“That hurt. We want to make up for that.”

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/...ed/gnid-51414/
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X