Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12:15 and all now none a di man dem whey

watch the game can give usa report?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: 12:15 and all now none a di man dem whey

Here is one courtesy of the site ova suh. . .

The Analysis

A typical Jamaica game, with an extensive and colorful crowd (jah know di smoking and di red stripe...mi miss dat ).

The game commenced with both teams feeling out each other. Peru settled first and began building from the midfield with swift and precise passes. Jamaica's defense was strong however, and interestingly the work rate of the midfield was high, so even though Peru had settled early, Jamaica always had a presence.

First real effort occured 15 minutes in the game and it went to Peru, from there on Jamaica became very direct.

Luton Shelton seemed to have figured out that the Peruvian central defenders could not handle the Jamaican skill and speed, so on every opportunity he went middle. Unfortunately, Fuller played too wide and did not support as he needed to do.

Jamaica's first real effort came from Shelton and was a beauty of a shot, running a bit wide from the post.

Interestingly the game followed this same pattern in to the second half until CB decided to make a few changes. He took out Shelton (which I would hope was because of club reasons) and put in Bennett, then he took out Reid (who wasn't doing so badly) and introduced Phillips (who never made the strong impact of before, I believe because he never got a chance to settle).

The goals weren't anything special in my opinion, a stupid play leading to a cross while the defense was sleeping gave peru a tap in...and a penalty which was given because of a bad bounce from the peruvian defender...although it was well strucked still.

It was an enjoyable event though, lots of skill at show from both sides. Fuller, Ryce, JJ, Shelton, Reid, Hue, Daley all displayed magic with the ball at their feet with piles, salads, chops. I can't forget the pile wah Fuller give di two man dem star...wicked...flick it over two defender head and di man dem kick him down...The skills being show at times were sometimes overbearing though, JJ and Ryce just over did it a bit...but they both played well, they both ran hard.

Hue tackled...not enough movement to say he is the best...but he showed that he can increase his work rate. He with the help of Stephenson controlled the midfield for long periods.

Peru have a yute name Vargas, bad like yaaaz, and another named Farfan, very skillful and quick. Our defense had dem running wide of goal all game...goes to show that CB has class defensively.

Oneil Thompson is my man of the match still, nothing nuh pass him...except once...which was not really his fault...but it led to a goal..Ricketts did well and Fuller should have scored on two occassions.

Analysis complete, jumbled ... but I haven't really watched the match a second time yet...and my perspective is based on hype ya now.

How is it that nobody else has an opinion on the game...Lionpaw, Yung$, and di rest give an analysis or a synopsis fi those out there who want to know nuh...blessings
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Thank yuh very much Tilla.

We kept Farfan off the scoring sheet? That boy has been getting alot of ratings in Holland.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Peru's Jefferson Farfan, left, is tackled by Jamaica's Omar Tomlinson during an international friendly match at National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica, Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2006. The game ended 1-1.
        <SPAN class=ysptimedate>(AP Photo/Collin Reid)</SPAN>

Peru's Jefferson Farfan, right, fights for ball with Jamaica's Garfield Reid of Jamaica during an international friendly match at National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica, Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2006. The game ended 1-1.
        <SPAN class=ysptimedate>(AP Photo/Collin Reid)</SPAN>

Peru's Juan Vargas, right, is chased by Jamaica's Tyrone Marshall during an international friendly match at National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica, Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2006. The game ended 1-1.

Comment

<DIV>Busy, so I will make it snappy.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Basically, it was a team playing against individuals. Jamal Campbell-Ryce started off with the brukky boo stuff on the left hand side and carried it through until his subsitution. (Was he subbed? If not, he should have been.) Fuller continued where he left off - bare nonsense. I don't think he has taken a half shot to goal in the last two matches. There was an occasion when he had a glorious fast break opportunity with Fuller carrying up the ball. Instead of passing in the general direction of Luton (general direction because we know Fuller can't pass so well, and Luton is so quick he would have made a bad pass look okay), Fuller held on to it too long and he was dispossesed. Typical of his overall play. I'm sorry Bora didn't get to see this prime piece of jackassness.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Peruvians displayed good technical skills - great first touch, passing, heading to teammates (what a novel idea!). They definitely had the better of play for the most part. We were again saved by some last second last ditch sliding tackles by Oneil Thompson, and generally good positioning by the defenders. Peru did not look threatening on set plays or shooting in general. Their goal came just after Carl Brown made changes to the wingback positions. Omar was moved to the right back and Demar Phillips on the left. A low grounder from the Peruvians' left in front of the goal was met by their own at the far corner. I thought they played well overall, much better team than Canada. The day the Reggae Boyz start to move the ball around like that...</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Generally, we did not resort to big kicks on this occasion. I thought the midifield got a good number of balls, but what they did with it is another matter. Omar Daley...hrmph. Hue's passes towards goal were being cutoff at the last second, but he did make 2 or 3 glorious passes upfield. I believe 3 shots were taken to goal (including the penalty), and I believe they all came from that left foot. After the 2nd shot, Bora asked, Who is No. 17?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Luton showed some breathtaking skills in running through defenders and turning on a dime. His passes to Fuller need some work, but if I were him I wouldn't be in too much of a rush to pass to Fuller either.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>That's it in a nutshell. I will add some more comment later.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Peru's Jefferson Farfan, left, is tackled by Jamaica's Tyrone Marshall during an international friendly match at National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica, Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2006. The game ended 1-1.

Comment

Fair report, but I would not be so excited about the circus show that was on display.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

<DIV class=firstP>KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) - Jermaine Hue converted a 78th-minute penalty and Jamaica drew 1-1 with Peru in a friendly Wednesday night, when the Reggae Boyz announced that Bora Milutinovic would become their new manager.</DIV><ID></ID><DIV class=dataTable><TABLE class=bgBdr style="BORDER-RIGHT: rgb(0,0,0) 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: rgb(0,0,0) 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(0,0,0) 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(0,0,0) 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(238,238,238)" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=200 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR class=bgHdr1 align=middle><TD>International Friendlies </TD></TR><TR class=bgHdr1 align=middle><TD height=2></TD></TR><TR align=left><TD><TABLE class=bgBdr cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR class=bgHdr2 align=middle><TD colSpan=2>Tue., Nov. 14 </TD></TR><TR class=bgC &#111;nmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" &#111;nmouseout="this.className='bgC';" align=left><TD align=left width="75%">Australia 1-1 Ghana </TD><TD width="25%">Recap </TD></TR><TR class=bgC &#111;nmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" &#111;nmouseout="this.className='bgC';" align=left><TD align=left width="75%">Wales 4-0 Liech'stein </TD><TD width="25%">Recap </TD></TR><TR class=bgHdr2 align=middle><TD colSpan=2>Wed., Nov. 15 </TD></TR><TR class=bgHdr2 align=middle><TD colSpan=2>Matchday Photos </TD></TR><TR class=bgC &#111;nmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" &#111;nmouseout="this.className='bgC';" align=left><TD align=left width="75%">Estonia 2-1 Belarus </TD><TD width="25%">Recap </TD></TR><TR class=bgC &#111;nmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" &#111;nmouseout="this.className='bgC';" align=left><TD align=left width="75%">Malta 1-4 Lithuania </TD><TD width="25%">Recap </TD></TR><TR class=bgC &#111;nmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" &#111;nmouseout="this.className='bgC';" align=left><TD align=left width="75%">Slovakia 3-1 Bulgaria </TD><TD width="25%">Recap </TD></TR><TR class=bgC &#111;nmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" &#111;nmouseout="this.className='bgC';" align=left><TD align=left width="75%">Holland 1-1 England </TD><TD width="25%">Recap </TD></TR><TR class=bgC &#111;nmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" &#111;nmouseout="this.className='bgC';" align=left><TD align=left width="75%">France 1-0 Greece </TD><TD width="25%">Recap </TD></TR><TR class=bgC &#111;nmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" &#111;nmouseout="this.className='bgC';" align=left><TD align=left width="75%">Switzerland 1-2 Brazil </TD><TD width="25%">Recap </TD></TR><TR class=bgC &#111;nmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" &#111;nmou

Comment

Working...
                X